Auteur Sujet: Who plays Napoleonic Total War?  (Lu 6200 fois)

Hors ligne black_fish

• Caporal
Who plays Napoleonic Total War?
« le: 03 mai 2005, 13:56:45 pm »
Some very talented modders called the Lordz (www.thelordz.co.uk) have made a Napoleonic mod for Medieval Total War. I was wondering if anybody played it. I'm playing mostly battles with it and I'm having some fun. Its fairly well done and it seem historical for the most part but I would like to have some other people opinions on that. Lots of things are missing though like the sqaure formation. But it's free :)

Hors ligne Link

• Comte d'Hanau
  • Major
« Réponse #1 le: 03 mai 2005, 15:20:47 pm »
Hi Black fish,

It's free if you already have Medieval TW and the Viking expansion.  :wink:

I actually bough those two games in order to play the mod as I was desperate to play any Napoleonic game.  :P

My opinion is that it can’t handle the Napoleonic tactics the correct way like square formations etc as you mentioned. This made me lost interest in this mod. The strategic part of it is not exactly my cup of tea either.  :cry:
Good try by the modders though. :wink:  

With the lesson learned I wouldn’t buy RTW in order to play NTW2 and I’m not interested enough in ancient warfare to play RTW.  8O

I may be single minded but it’s a matter of prioritizing the time available.  8)

/Lars L.
Lars L.

Hors ligne black_fish

• Caporal
« Réponse #2 le: 04 mai 2005, 13:30:24 pm »
Yeah that's what I was fearing about NTW, although I wasn't sure, my knowledge of Napoleonic being somewhat limited.

I really like Rome Total War with the RTR mod or SPQR mod. It's quite realistic, beautiful, epic, addictive. Seeing two phalanxes slowly destroying each other, all the way moving slightly to the right is an awesome sight for me :) I love Ancient warfare.

Hors ligne Lord Zimoa of Flanders

• Soldat
    • http://www.thelordz.co.uk
« Réponse #3 le: 05 mai 2005, 16:23:06 pm »
We do our best with the TW engines and try to get the most out of the games to recreate  Napoleonic games but we have limitations posed simply by the fact it is a Mod and some game aspects are hardcoded.Nice to hear people still enjoy our work though.

Cheers,

LZoF
"War is like government:a matter of tact.":Napoleon
"Power corrupts,absolute power corrupts absolutely.":Lord Acton

Hors ligne sunray

• Caporal
« Réponse #4 le: 06 mai 2005, 00:05:36 am »
Hi All,

I am one who is waiting patiently for the release of NTW 2 for RTW. I agree with what has already been said, the Total War engine will certainly not do what Histwar promises to do. But to realtime wargamers, NTW is the best offering in Napoleonic so far, and the few screenshots that are available of NTW 2 are very nice.

Further down the track there may be an opportunity for some enterprising mod creator to do a conversion to Histwar, and use some of its fantastic new features to make it an awesome ancients game. And if I read correctly, the promised editor for Histwar is going to be a very powerful tool indeed.

For one, just think of Histwar, in the ancient era, with intellegent subordinate AI commanders.

If Histwar delivers on all the great new features it promises, for the first time you will be able to command in a fashion closer to reality than we have ever had before. That, along with the ability to organise your own armies, makes this game a real ground breaker in realtime wargaming.

It will be a great day for wargamers, when Histwar is released. Work harder you developers, the waiting is very hard !!

Just my thoughts.

regards

sunray
 :D  :D