Auteur Sujet: my first post here and hopefully not the last one :)  (Lu 5581 fois)

Hors ligne black_fish

• Caporal
my first post here and hopefully not the last one :)
« le: 25 avril 2005, 12:35:11 pm »
I'm coming to this forum via the Imperial Glory one: being extremely interested in Napoleonic history (I just started but I read already a few books), I first checked IG but was extremely dissapointed by the cartoony gameplay that I had to look for alternative and discovered Les Grognards. Yeah!
So the bad quality of IG was a blessing in disguise. I hape high hopes for Les Grognards and I just regret that it is so unknown. Time to start that media campaign!

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
« Réponse #1 le: 25 avril 2005, 12:44:41 pm »
Bonjour et Bienvenue...

You are right... We have to begin the 'media' campaign...

Just a few patience... Wait for the future announcement... After that, I think one talks about Les Grognards... but we have to finish this wargame too. It's the most important today  :wink:
JMM

Hors ligne Link

• Comte d'Hanau
  • Major
Re: my first post here and hopefully not the last one :)
« Réponse #2 le: 25 avril 2005, 12:59:51 pm »
Citation de: "black_fish"
I'm coming to this forum via the Imperial Glory one: being extremely interested in Napoleonic history (I just started but I read already a few books), I first checked IG but was extremely dissapointed by the cartoony gameplay that I had to look for alternative and discovered Les Grognards. Yeah!
So the bad quality of IG was a blessing in disguise. I hape high hopes for Les Grognards and I just regret that it is so unknown. Time to start that media campaign!

Welcome to this forum black fish.  :D

You’re doing the right thing. IG is for only kids and bananas.  :wink:  

Just out of curiosity what made you interested in the Napoleonic history?

/Lars L.
Lars L.

Hors ligne black_fish

• Caporal
« Réponse #3 le: 25 avril 2005, 13:37:22 pm »
Actually I can't really remember. It was probably a box of miniature plastic soldiers I saw when I was 12 (can't remember the brand) and watching Ridley Scott's The Duellists (Hussars!), but it was very casual until earler this year where I read a small book on Napoleonic warfare, then bought another one about Waterloo, and so on and so forth. So I'm right in the middle of learning everything about this period. Before that I was always interested in 18th century warfare, American Revolution, that sort of thing, but Napoleonic era is something rather new for me.
As for wargames I've been playing them for years first on paper and then PC but I was always a WW2/Modern/Classical (especially greek, pelloponesain wars) fan before now..

Hors ligne BFawlty

• Soldat
« Réponse #4 le: 31 mai 2005, 16:09:37 pm »
Don't want to hijack a thread but wanted to say like black_fish, I too came over here from the IG forums. Looking forward to this game, I currently am playing Bull Run by Mad Minute games. Always been a big fan of this time period, my favorite mod for MTW was Napoleonic TW, which I must say still beats IG for all its pretty graphics. Anyway just wanted to say hello. :D

BF

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
« Réponse #5 le: 31 mai 2005, 16:33:20 pm »
Welcome,

Thank for your support...
I hope that you will take a lot of pleasures with The Grognards

JMM  8)