Auteur Sujet: Cossacks 2  (Lu 7192 fois)

Hors ligne Link

• Comte d'Hanau
  • Major
Cossacks 2
« le: 27 avril 2005, 08:34:27 am »
Hi,

Have anyone of you played the Cossacks 2 demo? I actually got the game.  :oops:  

My recommendation is: Save your money and don’t bother buying the game. It’s definitely not worth it. If you expect it to be a wargame I can tell you it’s not.

If anyone is interested I can elaborate but right now I'm just frustrated.  :P

I need that "Les Grognards" game.  :!:    :lol:

/Lars L.
Lars L.

Hors ligne Le Tondu

• Officier HistWar : Grognard de la Vieille Garde
  • Capitaine
Cossacks 2
« Réponse #1 le: 27 avril 2005, 19:15:40 pm »
Thanks for the warning.  It is strange that so much out there can be bad.  I think it is because people like to blur history.  I guess that some history books are partially to blame.   History books that have maybe a page devoted to an Era are very misleading.

For me, it is in the details in history that I find the greatest thrill.   A case in point is the story of General Daumesnil.  Maybe one will find something written about him here or there.   Its not until you read his whole story in "Napoleon's Shield and Guardian" by Edward Ryan that you learn what an extraordinary man he was.
Vive l'Empereur!

Hors ligne black_fish

• Caporal
Cossacks 2
« Réponse #2 le: 28 avril 2005, 07:40:13 am »
You can always check it out for yourself with the demo here:

http://gamershell.com/news/21642.html

I just started playing it. Nothing to say yet that it is very cute  :lol:

I like the shooting range of the units being shown by colored areas on the map.

Hors ligne black_fish

• Caporal
Cossacks 2
« Réponse #3 le: 28 avril 2005, 15:18:54 pm »
I played one battle and I uninstalled the demo. Horrible!

I couldn't control my troops, the battlefield is narrow and cramped, there's not even a real battleline. Chaos with little sprites. :twisted:

Hors ligne Link

• Comte d'Hanau
  • Major
Cossacks 2
« Réponse #4 le: 28 avril 2005, 15:29:44 pm »
Citation de: "black_fish"
I played one battle and I uninstalled the demo. Horrible!

I couldn't control my troops, the battlefield is narrow and cramped, there's not even a real battleline. Chaos with little sprites. :twisted:

That's my thought exactly. The best thing I can say is that the artwork is great.
The animations are fluid but that's no use since you can hardly see those tiny spirits.

I guess I got used to the true 3D size and will not have anything less anymore.  :lol:

But more importantly the style of play does not suit me at all.

/Lars L.
Lars L.

Hors ligne Lord of Khorne

• Soldat
    • http://www.considerare.blogspot.com
Cossacks 2
« Réponse #5 le: 30 avril 2005, 02:59:49 am »
Having been in the industry before, for a brief time, I try to support people who make games that I'm interested in.  However, now matter how much I try, I just can't bring myself to liking Cossacks 2, and I've tried and tried and tried.

RTS = crap when trying to place the game within a true historical context.  It's a great system for science fiction and fantasy, but add "historical elements" and it's all over.

As I don't really want to litter this board with negativity of any kind, I'll refrain from listing all my issues with C2 and it's not a short list.

Same goes for IG, crap on a stick with a shiny bow. Perhaps the sole redeeming feature of that game will be the strategic level.  However, that's a single player only feature, which greatly diminishes the value in my view.

As it is, I'm trying to find a computer game that covers a wide spectrum of the 1789-1815 events that can also double as a campaign moderator for miniature wargaming.  Thus, I look forward to what the 1806 game will bring.

Hors ligne L'EUROPEEN

• Officier HistWar
  • Caporal
    • http://autunnois.com/
Cossacks 2
« Réponse #6 le: 06 juin 2005, 14:49:41 pm »
Hello, I propose to you to make a turn on my site and if you wishes it, to become member of the clan. The site hardly has 1mois existence and already more than 900 visitors On this site all the plays cossacks are approached: I approach multiple techniques, tactics and the units all are indexed Vous will find news solutions of play, interview, WALLPAPERS, COVER, GIFS.. Vous will find also the forum which to him is dedicated http://autunnois.com/ in a friendly way EUROPEAN the http://autunnois.com/ _________________ http://autunnois.com/

Hors ligne sunray

• Caporal
Cossacks 2
« Réponse #7 le: 06 juin 2005, 23:55:51 pm »
Hi Everyone,

I don't like to show my age here, but I remember when the great grandaddy of Cossacks 2 was released (the original game in the series). It is that long ago that I can't even remember its name.

I played the demo, recognised its limited value, and stopped it from taking up valuable space on my hard drive. I don't wish to demean one of the original RTS games, because it certainly has its place in the computer game history books, but all the games in this series (Cossacks etc) are (in my opinion) nothing more than a graphically enhanced Command & Conquer. Albeit, with a few added features, due to the time period.

Although, I guess, it's 'horses for courses'. If you like that sort of thing, fine. But I believe that it would be inexcusable to even mention a game like this in the same sentence as a game with the obvious calibre of Histwar: Les Grognards. It is like chalk and cheese. To compare these two games would be an insult to Histwar.

Please forgive my statements, if they offend anyone. That is certainly not my intention. I just have some very strong feelings about the Cossacks style of game, and mixing it with history. These two make a very odd couple indeed.

kindest regards

sunray
 :)  :)

Hors ligne Rosen

• Officier HistWar
  • Adjudant
Cossacks 2
« Réponse #8 le: 07 juin 2005, 01:10:27 am »
Hi Sunray

Agree with you, cossacks etc might be a good GAME but Histwar's intention is to give us a simulation, nothing can compete with that in my eyes. Bull Run is a good simulation too.

Cheers
Niklas