Auteur Sujet: Imperial Glory  (Lu 5303 fois)

Hors ligne Link

• Comte d'Hanau
  • Major
Imperial Glory
« le: 02 avril 2005, 10:00:44 am »
Hi all,

I see there are an Imperial Glory (IG) thread in the French forums so I would like to start one for the English speakers as well.

After plying the demo of IG I think I can safely say that that game is not gonna appeal to any wargamer at least not the tactical part.

The only good thing I can say about that game is that the graphics looks good, but what does that matter when the gameplay really sucks. If it's not fun to play then why bother no matter how great it looks.

Bottom line is, IG is no competitor to Les Grognards! I only whish that Les Grognards would be ready enough to show in order to win over some of the potential IG buyers.  8)

/Lars L.
Lars L.

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
Imperial Glory
« Réponse #1 le: 03 avril 2005, 21:40:31 pm »
Hello,

Nobody wants to talk about this competitor... :roll:

JMM

Hors ligne Le Tondu

• Officier HistWar : Grognard de la Vieille Garde
  • Capitaine
Its not worth anything
« Réponse #2 le: 10 avril 2005, 18:18:45 pm »
Well, I would like to say something.  After looking at their screenshots, I have to say the graphics look nice but,..........

The artillery is incredibly unrealistic.  First, gun carriage colors are not even there.  Second, the gun carriages themselves are wrong. Thirdly, deployment of the guns is WAY wrong.  (Apparently, the designers never heard of recoil.  They actually show a gunner kneeling a meter behind a gun as it is firing.  That is clearly a recipe for being maimed or dying if there ever was one.)

After that, I decided that there wasn't any reason for any more scrutiny. IG is a BIG waste of money for anyone who is serious about the Napoleonic Era.  IG is what I call "the blurring of history."  It is a real shame too, because someone who is new to the Napoleonic Era could buy IG and think that was how it was.

Two thumbs down.
Vive l'Empereur!

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
Imperial Glory
« Réponse #3 le: 10 avril 2005, 18:38:26 pm »
Bonjour Monsieur Le Tondu...

I agree with you... And for your heart, it's good you don't load the IG demo :D

I share the idea it's a mistake to say 'IG is an historical game'. It's a game, not a wargame.

@bientôt
JMM

PS : Rick, I think soon  you can play Les Grognards. Thank for your support.

Hors ligne saddletank

• Adjudant
Imperial Glory
« Réponse #4 le: 22 avril 2005, 23:51:11 pm »
Hello everyone, I'm a refugee from the IG forum. Someone from this forum mentioned LG on the IG forum and provided a link and so here I am.

I have to say that I was bitterly disappointed with the IG demo, graphics are so nice and a lot of hard work has clearly gone into the games 3D models, texturing and battlefields. The ambient lighting and general colour palette is very nice. Even if the uniforms are inaccurate it still looks good.

But that's where the plus comments end. The gameplay is the most laughable I have come across in any pc game that sells itself as a wargame. Don't waste your money.

The only ray of hope is that a few of us are getting together and digging into the code to start modding it and we have at least now found the unit stats so we may be able to salvage something playable out of the mess.

But for now I'm going to keep a watch here, LG looks like it could be the game of my dreams. :)
Cheers, Martin

Hors ligne Link

• Comte d'Hanau
  • Major
Imperial Glory
« Réponse #5 le: 23 avril 2005, 00:24:26 am »
Welcome to this forum saddletank,

I'm one of the moderators on this English forum. I'm known under the name Lindkvist in the IG forum.  :wink:

If you have any questions I'll be happy to answer them for you if I can. If I can't you'll find that the developer of this game (JMM) do takes an active part in this forum unlike the developers of many other forums.  :)

/Lars L.
Lars L.