Autor Thema: S.O.S créateurs --- HELP them  (Gelesen 12377 mal)

Offline Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
Re : S.O.S créateurs --- HELP them
« Antwort #15 am: 29 März 2010, 14:48:45 Nachmittag »
A good starting point would be to look at patch01b.txt which has a number of known problems listed, mostly in order of importance to fix.

There is no set priority for anything.  JMM works on things as he pleases, mostly, and that's the only way he can keep the frustration level within reasonable limits.  Sometimes you just have to work on something that's simpler and maybe more fun instead of the harder stuff. 

As for the problem posted in this thread, the game allows you to make Napoleonic battles, and you can make many historic battles, so it's working as designed.  You cannot make every possible battle yet, including historic ones, and to do that will require enhancements that have not yet been designed.  These generally have low priority.

When I put together priority lists in a case like this, there are three groups.

Group 1 is stuff that is very important to fix, but will generally take a lot of work. 

Group 2 is stuff that's necessary but less important, but will be quick to fix.

Group 3 is everything else, generally stuff that's going to be put off for a while.  Wish list items usually go at the bottom unless they're very special indeed.  Even my favorite ones.  I don't get to bump something up in priority just because I'm making the list and I happen to like it.

Within each group some items will be marked as especially important.  Often a fatal but rare bug will be lower priority than an frequent annoyance.

The problem with posting a list is that someone is going to see several group 2 items fixed while some group 1 items aren't, and sure as anything, their favorite bug is somewhere in group 1.  They complain.  Sometimes a lot.  Others won't agree with the order of some items and will complain.  A lot.  Others will have some favorite bug that isn't a bug at all but the game working as designed.  They complain the most.

It's up to JMM whether any lists ever get posted, as I'm constrained by an NDA.  Mostly, I'm against it.  I'm happy enough with the various comments JMM makes throughout the forum and in patch notes or other documents.  He's the final arbiter in any case.

Hook

Offline Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Antwort #16 am: 29 März 2010, 15:46:45 Nachmittag »
I can well underatand the problems you mention, it's not easy keeping everyone happy.  A simple list will help - how could it not ?.

Offline Duke of Earl

• Duc d’Earl
  • Général de Brigade
  • Duc d'Friedland
« Antwort #17 am: 30 März 2010, 03:56:18 Vormittag »
Bonjour Messieurs,

I am LOCKING this thread ..... because the topic was silly, nonsensical, petulant, but mostly because this is not the Francais zone  :roll: .....

If you want to rant 'n' roll over here, use a better translator .....  :arrow:

If JMM wants to re-open it, ok by me ..... he's the BOSS, hoss ..... otherwise, discussion is over, class dismissed .....  :|

Cordialement, DoE
« Letzte Änderung: 30 März 2010, 04:19:11 Vormittag von Duke of Earl »

Offline EylauHurricane

• Capitaine
  • Rgt. Italien de Osimo -SINE CAPITE GENTIUM CIVITAS
« Antwort #18 am: 01 April 2010, 18:07:23 Nachmittag »
Je vois avec plaisir que l'on peut reparler de ca!

Now we can speak again about this? (The traduction is correct, or quite good, Mr. Professor  Duke of Earl from USA?)
"LES OFFICIERS NE SONT RIEN QUAND ILS N' ONT PAS DE POUVOIR" (Napoléon,  "Guerre et Paix" de Lev Tolstoy)

Offline Duke of Earl

• Duc d’Earl
  • Général de Brigade
  • Duc d'Friedland
Re : Re : S.O.S créateurs --- HELP them
« Antwort #19 am: 01 April 2010, 21:01:04 Nachmittag »
Je vois avec plaisir que l'on peut reparler de ca!

Now we can speak again about this? (The traduction is correct, or quite good, Mr. Professor  Duke of Earl from USA?)

Bonjour Monsieur EylauHurricane,

Oui, naturellement. C'est un endroit plus approprié pour la discussion.... :)

Votre traduction est très bonne, mais non nécessaire dans la zone internationale....  ;)

Cordialement, DoE
« Letzte Änderung: 01 April 2010, 21:19:48 Nachmittag von Duke of Earl »

Offline AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Antwort #20 am: 01 April 2010, 21:41:31 Nachmittag »
What the Hells happening here. None of this makes any sense at all :evil: :evil:

Offline Bruguière

• Officier HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Chef d'Etat-Major
  • Fais ton Devoir
« Antwort #21 am: 02 April 2010, 07:00:16 Vormittag »
Je soutiens les créateurs..... ;)

Offline EylauHurricane

• Capitaine
  • Rgt. Italien de Osimo -SINE CAPITE GENTIUM CIVITAS
« Antwort #22 am: 02 April 2010, 11:17:18 Vormittag »
En effet, il y a un peu de nonsense... :shock:
Mais le topic a été crée seulement pour exprimer notre opinion! Je vois que beaucoup de monde est intéréssé, donc je pense qu'il soit un argument important, et selon moi il vaut la peine de discuter sans polémiques mais, bien sur, amicalement ;)
Duke of Earl  :), c'est la zone internationale, donc je préfère traduir, pour pouvoir écouter l'opinion de plusieurs gens. Certainement, si le message est longue, ....je n'ai pas toujours le temps... ;)

Salut à tout le monde et bonne Paque!! :p Paix! ;)

Actually, there is a bit of nonsense... :shock:
But the discussion is only to express our opinion! I can see many people interested, so I think it's an important point, and according to me a friendly  discussion, without polemisation,  it's very helpful  ;)
Duke of Earl  :), I prefer to translate because it's the International Zone: so, there is the possibility to exchange opinions with more people. Of course, if the message is long, I don't have always the time.. ;)

Bye all and Good Easter Day!!   :p Peace! ;)
"LES OFFICIERS NE SONT RIEN QUAND ILS N' ONT PAS DE POUVOIR" (Napoléon,  "Guerre et Paix" de Lev Tolstoy)

Offline Théodoricus

• Major
« Antwort #23 am: 03 April 2010, 10:02:49 Vormittag »
De retour sur le forum, je suis très heureux de constater que ce fil de discussion a été réouvert dans la zone internationale : merci JMM.
Back on the forum, I'm glad to see that this thread has been re-opened in the international zone : thanks JMM.

Je soutiens les créateurs..... ;)

Merci pour votre soutien aux créateurs.... (de tous poils), Général Bruguière !
Thanks for your creators' support.... ( of all kinds), General Bruguière !

Cordialement,
 :D
Théo