Auteur Sujet: battalion/regimental guns  (Lu 5321 fois)

Hors ligne Gunfreak

• Capitaine
battalion/regimental guns
« le: 13 novembre 2009, 15:41:25 pm »
The both manuals talk about that cannon can be attached to regiments(up to 8)

But the french didn't use battalion guns during the early war as Napoleon felt his soldiers were good enough on their own.
But as quality of troops dimisihed he reenstated battalion guns(I think he reenstated it after the failed invasion of russia.

But are the guns walked about in the manual the classic battalion guns(like the russians, austrians, and prussians used) or are they divisonal guns temprarly attached a a brigade or regiment?

Hors ligne _Cambronne_

• Lieutenant
Re : battalion/regimental guns
« Réponse #1 le: 13 novembre 2009, 16:12:46 pm »
from my understanding it's about standard regimental guns.

Hors ligne lodi57

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #2 le: 13 novembre 2009, 16:22:46 pm »
But as quality of troops dimisihed he reenstated battalion guns(I think he reenstated it after the failed invasion of russia.

Regimental guns had been reenstated by Napoleon in french army for the russian campaign to give more firepower to regiments and was abandonned after in 1813-14-15 due to a lack of artillery equipment.

But are the guns walked about in the manual the classic battalion guns(like the russians, austrians, and prussians used) or are they divisonal guns temprarly attached a a brigade or regiment?

Yes, they are.
“Jamais d’aultres armes nous prendront, que celles que nous élisons ; et nous disons pour réconfort, nous voulons la liberté ou la mort !”

Hors ligne Gunfreak

• Capitaine
« Réponse #3 le: 13 novembre 2009, 16:34:55 pm »
Ok, so when you play wargram or Austerliz the french won't have regimental guns, but the russians and austrians will,

But at borodino, everybody will?

Hors ligne lodi57

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
Re : Re : battalion/regimental guns
« Réponse #4 le: 13 novembre 2009, 16:37:36 pm »
Ok, so when you play wargram or Austerliz the french won't have regimental guns, but the russians and austrians will,

But at borodino, everybody will?

Right  ;).
“Jamais d’aultres armes nous prendront, que celles que nous élisons ; et nous disons pour réconfort, nous voulons la liberté ou la mort !”

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #5 le: 13 novembre 2009, 16:59:34 pm »
Did I see something about these guns being UNABLE to move once they were deployed ?.....if so why is that ?......or did I dream this bit !.

Hors ligne von_Clausewitz

• HistWar Team - Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateur
  • Capitaine
« Réponse #6 le: 14 novembre 2009, 17:51:12 pm »
Regimental guns, will deploy and fire when the regiment is engaged, if the threat is gone and the regiment is on the move without menace the gun will re limber and move. If the regiment routs, the gun stays in position firing at the enemy to delay their advance.

VC
La garde meurt mais ne se rend pas

Hors ligne LNDavout

• Modérateurs
  • Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #7 le: 19 novembre 2009, 15:02:01 pm »
What about difficult going? Do they stay behind ? do they still fire ?