Autore Topic: Some tips for the demo that people might find useful (please add your own)  (Letto 33227 volte)

Offline HarryInk

• Grognard de la Vieille Garde
  • Major
Re : Some tips for the demo that people might find useful (please add your own)
« Risposta #15 il: 02 Dicembre 2009, 07:44:04 am »
This is the right thread.  Thanks for starting it. :)  
« Ultima modifica: 02 Dicembre 2009, 08:25:16 am da HarryInk »
"But I vil not divulge any furzer informazion!"

Offline crazy canuck

• Sergent
« Risposta #16 il: 02 Dicembre 2009, 08:46:48 am »
Helped out my game.

Now all I have to do is figure out how to command and control my army.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Offline FranzVonG

• Capitaine
I found that I always have CTD when theres the background pictures of the charging guards. HW always works for me when theres the background pictues with the charging Hussar.  Maybe someone could check this. It doesnt matter if I change options or not.

Same for me, the demo only works with the hussar picture. I suspect that this is the main CTD reason for many people
Lieutenant Franz von G., Cmdr. of the Lègion du Midi, 15th Division, IV Corps, Grande Armée.

Offline Seydlitz

• Lieutenant
Same for me, the demo only works with the hussar picture. I suspect that this is the main CTD reason for many people

I checked this for maybe 1 hour. And it has something to do with that guards picture.

Offline HarryInk

• Major
FAQ: How do I quit the Demo?
« Risposta #19 il: 02 Dicembre 2009, 10:09:20 am »
How do I quit the Demo apart from minimizing it and calling up the Windows Task Manager to close it?
« Ultima modifica: 02 Dicembre 2009, 10:11:00 am da HarryInk »

Offline Seydlitz

• Lieutenant
Re : FAQ: How do I quit the Demo?
« Risposta #20 il: 02 Dicembre 2009, 10:21:35 am »
How do I quit the Demo apart from minimizing it and calling up the Windows Task Manager to close it?

When youre in F3 view theres something that looks like a piece of paper beside the overview map. Left click on it and a menu should appear where you can select Exit. Left click and you should be directed to the main menu where you can Exit Game.

Offline Stoppelhopser

• Adjudant
« Risposta #21 il: 02 Dicembre 2009, 10:43:45 am »
Cpl. Steiner: Your tip No 3 regarding force choices is very useful indeed and shows the demo in a better light than the tutorials.

I also choose foggy weather.

Shows what HWLG can actually do. I mostly watched and just gave a few orders and even so had a interesting time.
There are some oddities of course and hopefully someone can mod the effects graphics for an improved look (they are .dds as I can see).

Offline dippysea

• Sergent
« Risposta #22 il: 02 Dicembre 2009, 10:46:05 am »
If you press F2 twice to get the individual units, then press F9 and highlight a unit

A red cross shows its current location

A green cross shows its destination.

You can highlight all units to see exactly where they are going

Offline Uxbridge

• Chef de Bataillon
« Risposta #23 il: 02 Dicembre 2009, 11:19:26 am »
Wow - I didn't even know I could customise my graphics card in the way you described (I bought a decent one, a few months ago, in order to play LG ) so had no experience of customisation.  Thanks for the tip.
Has anyone seen my leg?

Offline Gunfreak

• Capitaine
« Risposta #24 il: 02 Dicembre 2009, 11:29:43 am »
WOW THAT WAS A BIG DIFFRENCE

I had problems getting the game to work with the new graphics settings, but once I got it to work it was fantastic

Offline HarryInk

• Major
« Risposta #25 il: 02 Dicembre 2009, 11:36:07 am »
I'll have to fiddle some more.  I couldn't see a difference really between program/card aliased & anti-aliased...   I'm running a GeForce 9600m GT... ?

Offline dippysea

• Sergent
« Risposta #26 il: 02 Dicembre 2009, 11:55:35 am »
An easy way to issue commands in 3D view

Choose the card at the bottom to order.  Press space.  It goes from a tick to a cross.

Them move to the right over the unit detail card.  On the left of that panel a list of the formations comes up.  Click the one you want and move to the location on the 3D screen and press the left mouse button.

Offline LNDavout

• Modérateurs
  • Chef de Bataillon
« Risposta #27 il: 02 Dicembre 2009, 12:46:52 pm »
I have the Old Guard picture and it works fine.

only main problem is that the game freezes sometimes while moving arround the map.

Graphics Card GForce 8800 GTX

Offline Cpl Steiner

• Lieutenant
I'll have to fiddle some more.  I couldn't see a difference really between program/card aliased & anti-aliased...   I'm running a GeForce 9600m GT... ?

Hi HarryInk,

Well, seeing as I have exactly the same card - GeForce 9600 GT - and I suggested the AA/AF settings in the first post of this thread - you should have no problems getting AA/AF working with HW:LG using that card.

What I did was the following:

1. Right Click on Desktop.
2. Select the "nVidia Control Panel" option.
3. Select "Manage 3D Settings".
4. Select "Program Settings" tab.
5. Click "Add" to add a program.
6. Navigate to "lgdn.exe" - If you have a desktop shortcut to HW:LG just use that, otherwise it's in your "Program Files" group.
7. Set "Antialiasing - Mode" to "Override any application setting". This just forces the settings over what the game tries to do.
8. Set "Antialiasing - Setting" to "4x"
9. Set "Anistropic Filtering" to "8x"
10. When I did both of the above, the control panel automatically set "Anistropic Sample Optimisation" to "Off" and "Negative LOD Bias" to "Clamp". I left these as the control panel had set them.
11. Set "Multi-Display/Mixed-GPU Acceleration" to "Single Display Performance Mode". I think this is the best option for OpenGL games. I'm not entirely sure if HW:LG is OpenGL rather than DirectX but I'm guessing the former.
12. Click "Apply" to save the changes.
13. Exit the control panel.

I also changed the #width and #high settings in the HW:LG "initDiag.txt" file to my monitor's native resolution (for most monitors this will be the maximum resolution the monitor supports). This file is in "C:\Program Files (x86)\HistWar\HistWar La Demo\Langage\1" for "Windows 7" users.

If you do the above changes you should have noticeably improved graphics. By "noticeably", I mean you will be able to clearly read text on French flags, see detail on uniforms, and see no "jaggy" saw-like edges on flags and other objects with straight edges.

Post back here if you are still having problems.
« Ultima modifica: 02 Dicembre 2009, 22:18:10 pm da Cpl Steiner »

Offline GrosPaul

• Chef de Bataillon
« Risposta #29 il: 03 Dicembre 2009, 00:01:29 am »
Thanks Cpl Steiner for your efforts to help us.

Despite I scrupulously adapted NVIDIA and the file InitDiag.txt as you recommand, the green of the ground (probably grass) stays to much dark almost black. Curiously the trees green leaves are very good with light green.

Best regards,
GrosPaul.