Auteur Sujet: Strange orders behaviour in Campaign sized PBEM  (Lu 8345 fois)

Hors ligne HarryInk

• Grognard de la Vieille Garde
  • Major
Strange orders behaviour in Campaign sized PBEM
« le: 12 mars 2010, 23:50:17 pm »
Miloradovitch and I are tooling about in a large map PBEM and finding that our orders won't display in F8.  I get arrows from individual units to their objectives, but not the corps. ??!

Here's some edit text from a recent latest email:

Currently playing two PBEM battles.

In one:

I issued orders at the beginning and everything was ok.In the next turn my units carry out orders given, but the arrows that indicate the orders are missing.I can not move my CinC.When I issue order to move white line appears,but in the next turn white line was gone and he is not moving.When all units carried out the first orders I issued new orders.In the next turn all the arrows that indicate the orders were visible, but no unit is moved.I waited an hour(game time) but no one moved.Again I gave the orders, waited an hour and still nothing.In the meantime, CinC began to move, and presently he is the only Austrian who moves on the battlefield.

In the other:

I had better luck.CinC never made problems.But orders continue to disappear.Only initial orders were perform.March orders are executed and I see a green arrows that indicates march order, but other orders are missing.The units that I ordered to march move, others just standing.

I saw this behavior only in PBEM games.I never saw this in solo or MP battles.I have installed the latest patch.

Has anyone else observed the same behaviours?  Are we missing something?

Cheers

Harry
"But I vil not divulge any furzer informazion!"

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
Re : Strange orders behavior in Campaign sized PBEM
« Réponse #1 le: 13 mars 2010, 00:01:36 am »
Harryink, I'm doing pbem Borodino "Conditional no delay" with Gunner24 right now. I am getting weird deployment lines in F8 Tactical Orders, impossible ones. However my Corps seem to be deploying where I wanted them NOT at the F8 weird line.  It's annoying because I can't check on my Orders properly.  It didn't happen before on Marengo "Conscript" mode

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
Re : Strange orders behaviour in Campaign sized PBEM
« Réponse #2 le: 13 mars 2010, 19:03:13 pm »
Harry, I have seen the same problems you report in PBEM games with ANY mode except conscript.

Only the standard conscript mode appears to work correctly in PBEM games.  I say this after playing many games and the only ones that work correctly are conscript ones - the rest all fail at some stage or other, in the way you report below.
« Modifié: 13 mars 2010, 19:04:52 pm par Gunner24 »

Hors ligne HarryInk

• Grognard de la Vieille Garde
  • Major
« Réponse #3 le: 15 mars 2010, 08:27:40 am »
Are we talking 'catastrophic' failure, ie. game collapse? or just some systems remain buggy?  I note that suddenly new orders I issued are showing in F8.  Curiouser and curiouser... :D
"But I vil not divulge any furzer informazion!"

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #4 le: 15 mars 2010, 14:33:57 pm »
Sorry, when I say "fail" I mean the kind of things you describe start to happen at some stage or other.  It's very frustrating when swaping files for a week or two and having tens of 1000s of men doing nothing.

Hors ligne Spartan

• Sergent
« Réponse #5 le: 15 mars 2010, 15:17:33 pm »
I am seeing this as well in Pbem. Over 2 hours game time has just passed and I am still waiting for 5 out of 8 corps to move..

Mike

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #6 le: 15 mars 2010, 15:31:08 pm »
Kick there ar*** by giving every Individual unit in that Corps a March Order to the same point, on your next turn when they start marching, give the Corps commander the real order you want and "Rally all Units".  We shouldn't have to do it but until a patch comes it's worked for me.

Hors ligne Soldat Louis

• Major
« Réponse #7 le: 15 mars 2010, 16:29:53 pm »
I also had the same problems playing "grognard" mode with corps hold on second line. The solution given by ajlewisbrookes is the only way to take control of these corps again. Now I am playing conscript mode because of that.
I was suspecting a conflict between the recently installed game and the demo (that I have desinstaled, but I am not sure).
I was waiting for the CD to desinstal everything I can a get a "clean" installation.
But if you have the same problem, may be it is a bug ?

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #8 le: 15 mars 2010, 16:51:09 pm »
I'm going to call this one a bug.  And it's not a new one.

All of us have experienced it at one time or another, I think.  It happens mostly with order delays, whether they are limited or historical.  It can even happen in conscript mode.  As far as I know, it happens on all size maps.  It seems to happen more in PBEM games than solo play.  I don't know if it happens in multiplayer, so if anyone has seen it there, let us know. 

It can affect only one or two corps, or it can affect them all.  Orders given during initial deployment always get carried out.  Sometimes a corps will start moving several hours after the order is given, much longer than you'd expect from any reasonable order delays.  Sometimes they sit there until the battle ends.  I've seen them sit there for almost 7 hours once and the battle ended with them still sitting.

Occasionally you can get a corps moving by giving orders to one or more individual regiments. 

It's bad enough when a corps doesn't obey orders, but sometimes it affects the CinC as well.   

You can probably play well enough with visibility options set to Conditional, and I suggest Conditional Without Delay, but keep the orders set to immediate.  Let us know if this helps.

Hook

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #9 le: 15 mars 2010, 16:56:45 pm »
Hook, you have summarized the problem perfectly, in my experience everything you are saying applies.
However Gunner24 and I, are getting ALL of these bugs playing "Conditional No Delay" and only a few in "Conscript" mode.

Hors ligne Soldat Louis

• Major
« Réponse #10 le: 15 mars 2010, 17:02:08 pm »
Well sumarized Hook!
I'm sure that JMM is working on it

Hors ligne Montecuccoli

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateur
  • Colonel
« Réponse #11 le: 15 mars 2010, 17:03:55 pm »
I will begin a new pbem this evening against "mitra" and i will set orders to immediate to test it
Histwar beta tester

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #12 le: 15 mars 2010, 17:07:55 pm »
However Gunner24 and I, are getting ALL of these bugs playing "Conditional No Delay" and only a few in "Conscript" mode.

I don't think the main problem is Conditional visibility, but Order Delay set to anything but immediate.  Set order delay to immediate and see if you get the same problems.

I just wanted to make sure that everyone understood that yes, we know about the problem.

I will begin a new pbem this evening against "mitra" and i will set orders to immediate to test it

Thank you Sir! :D

Hook

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #13 le: 15 mars 2010, 17:12:15 pm »
Will do Hook, we'll let you know, probably starting a new one today as Marengo is finishing

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #14 le: 15 mars 2010, 17:16:35 pm »
Just checked, we are on orders "Immediate", so it's playing as though they are delayed even though they are set to immediate.  Maybe that's the problem but why the weird F8 and the CinC continuously going to the Tavern?