Auteur Sujet: Lost "flags" question.  (Lu 2464 fois)

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
Lost "flags" question.
« le: 23 février 2010, 15:54:14 pm »
Does anyone know how this happens ?.

This is the first time I've noticed a big difference in this stat between the two sides, it is often like 12/10 or 15/12 etc etc and it got me thinking......how is this calcuated ?.

Is it connected with the prisoners figure ?....and if so what happens to the prisoners after they have left the map, do they remain prisoners or change to "left the battlefield"......I'm sure I've seen figures for prisoners revert back to zero when NOT being "saved".

In this battle above there were some French taken prisoner who I'm sure went off the rear of the map on the Coalition side - or am I getting confused ?.....they might have been rescued some how ????.
« Modifié: 23 février 2010, 15:57:55 pm par Gunner24 »

Hors ligne Duke of Earl

• Duc d’Earl
  • Général de Brigade
  • Duc d'Friedland
Re : Lost "flags" question.
« Réponse #1 le: 23 février 2010, 19:47:57 pm »
Bonjour Gunner24,

Apparently .... from what I've seen .... each battalion and squadron in a regiment has a flag .... at some point in a battle it is either 'lost' (abandoned, thrown away, burned, buried, hidden, sold as a souvenier, etc.,) or otherwise 'captured' ....  :)

Only JMM knows the secret formula (he's the mad scientist :twisted:) ....  :lol:

Cordialement, DoE

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #2 le: 23 février 2010, 20:18:20 pm »
Thanks, I was thinking they were Regiment flags, Battalions would make sense.

Only JMM knows the secret formula (he's the mad scientist)

ha...what could it be that makes the Battalion/Squadron lose it's flag - taken prisoner would be my bet.

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #3 le: 23 février 2010, 20:33:55 pm »
JMM has said that there are only two random events in the game:  intercepted messages and killed commanders.  This sounds like it might be a third random event, but it's likely that it's deterministic instead, we just don't know the rules.

There are many more units taken prisoner than there are captured flags, so it's not just that a unit gets taken prisoner.

Hook

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #4 le: 24 février 2010, 00:52:18 am »
Right, I was hoping it was not a random thing, but I can understand if it is.....it does look a bit random from games I've played so that could explain it, thanks.