Auteur Sujet: Link-up orders  (Lu 4213 fois)

Hors ligne sandman

• Chef de Bataillon
Link-up orders
« le: 02 avril 2010, 19:55:45 pm »
howdy once agin !

would you pls explain the circumstances of the moment an army corps receives its order to link with a reference corps.

so whats the difference between getting the link-up-order before and after the reference corps gets its orders ?

what moment is crucial. when i send the order or when the adressed leader receives it ?

thx in forward.

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
Re : Link-up orders
« Réponse #1 le: 02 avril 2010, 20:56:57 pm »
howdy once agin !
would you pls explain the circumstances of the moment an army corps receives its order to link with a reference corps.
so whats the difference between getting the link-up-order before and after the reference corps gets its orders ?
what moment is crucial. when i send the order or when the adressed leader receives it ?
thx in forward.

Good question.. When the Corps receives the order, beacause at this moment, the AI elaborates the orders to the units.
Clear?

JMM

Hors ligne sandman

• Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #2 le: 02 avril 2010, 22:24:11 pm »

ok, but your answer only relates to the hereby quoted part of the question !

what about this point:

so whats the different effect, if the comanding officer is getting the link-up-order
1. before
or
2. after the reference corps gets its orders ?

( corresponding to the english printed manual on page 31 at the bottom; for i dont understand that explanation there properly )

thx

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
« Réponse #3 le: 03 avril 2010, 00:08:11 am »
Effect is very important...

Let take 2 corps A & B
A is the leader.

B receives the order "Link" before A received an order to deploy (for example)...
When A receives his order, he know B is linked, so the line for deployment is the total line of the Army (A & B)
The calculation of the front line of each corps takes account of each Corps strength

If A receives his order but B has not received a link message, the calculation is different.
The front line of A is the total line of deployment.

So, you can see it's very different!!!

Is an answer right :?: ;) and clear 8)

JMM

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #4 le: 03 avril 2010, 01:43:53 am »
I never new that .  This game gets better and better

Hors ligne thilio

• Général de Brigade
« Réponse #5 le: 03 avril 2010, 08:56:46 am »
Yes, it's very  interesting!
I was thinking from the manual that giving the link order before or after was not so different...
Because the manual told of "proportionality" for line of deployment between A et B when link order for B is given after.   

Hors ligne sandman

• Chef de Bataillon
Re : Re : Link-up orders
« Réponse #6 le: 03 avril 2010, 13:24:27 pm »
lets summarize:

if the link-up order is given before the depolyment order to the leading (reference) corps the associated corps participates on the line, defined for the reference corps.
if its given afterwards, the ai calculates a line seperatly for the assisting corps.

right ?

i experienced, that in the 2nd case, the linked-up corps doesnt operate as simultainously to the main-corps as in the 1st case. is that true, or does it might have different causes ?

what is the constallation, if a 3rd corps C is linked to the associated corps B somewhat later in both scenarios described above ?

When A receives his order, he know B is linked, so ...

JMM

... but only, if the cic sends the dispatch on its way to A after he sent the link-up-order to B. if the cic first gives a deployment order to A, then decides to give a link-up order to B, who receives the dispatch before A receives the message adressed to him, because B is situated closer to the hq, A actually cant realize that corps B shall be a part of his line of deployment. realistically in that case A had to be informed by a seperate dispatch from hq or B.

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
« Réponse #7 le: 03 avril 2010, 21:45:35 pm »
The AI checks the link when the Corps receives the order.
That said, you are right.. it's no really easy to know if an order arrives before/after another one with the mode "delay"

Maybe I have to change the process like that.
When the CinC wants to link B to A, he sends this order to A who transfer the order to B.
So, A knows if a Corps is linkked or not...
The CinC must send the order "Link B to A" to A before sending the order "Deploy/Diversion/Defense" to A.

For the lateral link:
a) if the leader A knows the lateral Corps who are in the front line, the AI can find the front line of each Corps (proportional at the strength of each corps)
b) when a Corps B receives an order Link after the corps A gets its order, the front line is extended with a length which is proportional at the strength of each Corps.

Example a)
StrengthA = 150 StrengthB = 50/ total front line 2000 meters / front line A= 1500 front line B= 500
Exemble b)
StrengthA = 100 StrengthB = 50/ total front line 2000 meters / front line A= 2000 front line B= 1000

You can see it's very different.

Order Link is very powerful.. but you have to take care. The best is to use it during the initial phase when you build your tactical plan...

Clear?

JMM

Hors ligne sandman

• Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #8 le: 06 avril 2010, 17:51:00 pm »
ok, ok, i think its pretty much clear now.

but whats the effect if

- a 3rd corps C is ordered to link-up with the itself linked-up corps B ?

- corps B and C are ordered to link-up for example on the right (meaning both on the same flank) with the reference corps A ?

greez

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
Re : Re : Link-up orders
« Réponse #9 le: 07 avril 2010, 18:40:18 pm »
ok, ok, i think its pretty much clear now.
but whats the effect if
- a 3rd corps C is ordered to link-up with the itself linked-up corps B ?

The master A knows the string.. so if B is linked-up to B, B linked-up to A, AI works on the 3 Corps ABC

- corps B and C are ordered to link-up for example on the right (meaning both on the same flank) with the reference corps A ?
greez

No possible.. you can't link-up two corps on the same side...
The master has 3 hooks (left,right,behindhand), the other ones 2 (left or right, behindhand)

JMM