66 (61.7%)
NTW
5 (4.7%)
Both
35 (32.7%)
None
1 (0.9%)

Total de votos: 107

Autor Tema: Histwar or NTW?  (Leído 22231 veces)

Desconectado Darsh

• Chevalier HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
  • 1re Division de Cavalerie
Histwar or NTW?
« en: 15 Enero 2010, 19:21:02 pm »
The two games will be released in the same time, what will you buy?

HWLG for me

Desconectado Montecuccoli

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateur
  • Colonel
Re : Histwar or NTW?
« Respuesta #1 en: 15 Enero 2010, 19:28:30 pm »
I would say both, but my pc can't handle NTW by the way i am curios to see NTW  :)...maybe in the future
Histwar beta tester

Desconectado Roryn|3rdc

• Caporal
« Respuesta #2 en: 15 Enero 2010, 19:59:29 pm »
i will not buy ntw after all we should already have it in the release of empires shouldnt we? this is just prooth ca have forgot about there customers happyness and started concentrating on the thickness of there wallets!
« Última modificación: 15 Enero 2010, 20:04:17 pm por Roryn|3rdc »
check us out at 3rdcorps
>> 3rdcorps.forumotion.com <<

Desconectado glaude1955

• Major
« Respuesta #3 en: 15 Enero 2010, 20:04:13 pm »

HWLG

sans réfléchir ! (pas besoin tellement c'est évident pour un Wargamer, un pur, un dur...)

without thinking! (not need so it is obvious for a Wargamer, a pure, a hard...)

Yves

Desconectado Rosen

• Officier HistWar
  • Adjudant
« Respuesta #4 en: 15 Enero 2010, 22:03:20 pm »
I think obviously for a historical gamer the choice cant be hard.....

Desconectado pharaon

• Chef de Bataillon
  • Général LASALLE
« Respuesta #5 en: 15 Enero 2010, 22:31:44 pm »
La question ne se pose même pas :mrgreen: Qui a créé ce topic :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

HWLG !!!

Desconectado Duke of Earl

• Duc d’Earl
  • Général de Brigade
  • Duc d'Friedland
« Respuesta #6 en: 15 Enero 2010, 22:45:09 pm »
Bonjour Messieurs,

I don't mind polls in the least little bit (uhmmmm... like stripper poles, for instance  :lol:) ..... after all, feedback is good .... but some polling can lead to politickin' .... and politickin' leads to duelling .... and I DO MIND duelling .... so keep it neutral and be nice .... and we can all vote for the stripper of our choice .....  :lol:

Cordialement, DoE
« Última modificación: 16 Enero 2010, 02:15:26 am por Duke of Earl »

Desconectado Bruguière

• Officier HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Chef d'Etat-Major
  • Fais ton Devoir
« Respuesta #7 en: 16 Enero 2010, 11:49:20 am »
What a strange question !!!!!

HWLG of course.............. :D ;)

Desconectado nix

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Chef de Bataillon
« Respuesta #8 en: 16 Enero 2010, 12:33:09 pm »
Good question. You wait for ages for a good Napoleonic game then two come along at once!

I have been fascinated by the napoleonic period for many years and enjoyed 'Imperial Glory' when it came out back in 2005. It was the first strategy computer game i had played and i was impressed with the eye candy, the breadth of the campaigns and the naval battles, despite all the obvious draw-backs in the land battle realism -lack of units routing or rallying but fighting to the last man etc etc...Then i discovered the total war series which had better battlefield behaviours, but not as good graphics at that time, and I hoped total war would focus on the period, but contented myself with the Lordz napoleonic mods of the existing total war games (Napoleonic total war 1: a mod of Medieval total war 1, and Napoleonic Total War 2 a mod for Rome total war). Both had limitations due to the nature of the underlaying game mechanics set in the age before gunpowder warfare, but they were enjoyable games and NTW2 was visually impressive- a real labour of love by the modders. When Empire TW was announced I thought that it would cover the Napoleonic period with the sort of impressive display that I had found with Medieval total war 2 and was excited by the prospect of the combination of high end graphics, the inclusion of naval warfare and the campaign aspect but after a long period of anticipation when the launch came i discovered that while my system could probably run it, the whole DRM system using Steam which they introduced just for this one, effectively excluded me, that and the hugly negative reports from users post launch ( need to download 100Mb patches at the machine on which you play , need to update online, often when you dont want too etc) became a deal breaker for me...I suspect Napoleon Total War will also have the same DRM, and huge graphic and memory requirements which would mean I would need to buy a new system to run it well and would need my gaming machine to be online even to play in solo mode...I regret this as I really enjoyed medieval2 and hoped the Napoleon would be the same sort of thing but in my favorite period.

I know Empire has subsequently improved now it has been fixed and judging from a few of the hugh number of youtube in game clips it can be visually impressive, looking film like in some battle sequences. But the combat is still limited to the old micromanaging 20 units so it may reproduce well a division size battle but not the sort of corps level actions we can play with HWLG.

The demo of HWLG runs like a dream on my system (under windows XP) and doesnt require online DRM of the sort that put me off ETW. We can play proper Napoleonic size battles in a way that it will not be possible with NTW, the unique fog of war aspect in HWLG really turns it into a simulation of napoleonic warfare...The graphics are not at the photorealistic level of NTW so they do not require the computing power that program will need to run well. They are good though, and in fact look as good as TW graphics at the usual distance the camera holds  as we fight a battle...

Needless to say I have already purchased HWLG on the basis of the demo and what it promises when all the minor bugs are ironed out. I am already enjoying playing the Demo 2 ( pre-released to those who preorder) which has fixed some of the Demo 1 issues.

HWLG and NTW running at their design best will be very different sorts of game, the one emphasising realistic simulation of large scale battles the other a large scale campaign dominated by small scale battles....You pays your money and takes your choice!

« Última modificación: 16 Enero 2010, 12:35:06 pm por nix »

Desconectado Hoplite42

• Officier HistWar
  • Major
  • 1re Brigade de Cavalerie Légère
« Respuesta #9 en: 16 Enero 2010, 15:27:53 pm »
HWLG  ;)

Desconectado crazy canuck

• Sergent
« Respuesta #10 en: 16 Enero 2010, 15:49:40 pm »
I have come to the realization that I will not be buying either game.

Desconectado Stiboo

• Caporal
« Respuesta #11 en: 16 Enero 2010, 17:49:07 pm »
Both, without having to think...

Now if we could just have HLG with NTW graphics.....and 1:1 scale for men....
-----------------------------------------------------

" Dost thou love life? Then waste not time; for time is the stuff that life is made of " – Bejamin Franklin

Desconectado LNDavout

• Modérateurs
  • Chef de Bataillon
« Respuesta #12 en: 17 Enero 2010, 14:17:04 pm »
I played TW a long time,

Some of you will know me from m2tw. I have to say that the decline of the TW series was a blow to me. I loved this games but they "CA" more and more missed the core of the art of fighting  in the era they choosed for theire games. They never fixed a game to the end and they just let me behind with an unfinished empire and they want to sell me an other fraud.

Always they did bla we can do that bla, bla and that bla bla.... and at the end the next TW game got less features and more bugs..

They are down to a fantasy game with some units looking close to historical ones. Its ok if you like it. For me ETW was the end of TW.

Selling more with an other name "Napoleon" well ... IF they ever can catch the spirit of an era and the fighting style of it agin i might buy one again. But for now, no money for the betrayers and liars.

Histwar is the first try after Tyrcan to catch the warefare of an era in a correct way and the constant working and respons of JMM makes me say:

For me its HISTWAR. Our last chance for sim for along time

cheers
« Última modificación: 19 Enero 2010, 01:07:37 am por LNDavout »

Desconectado LNDavout

• Modérateurs
  • Chef de Bataillon
« Respuesta #13 en: 17 Enero 2010, 21:46:38 pm »
 i missed the "Take command.." games our other base for good gaming  :oops:

Desconectado abarlow17

• Adjudant
« Respuesta #14 en: 17 Enero 2010, 23:32:12 pm »
 IAgree with LNDavout. I had ETW bought for me expecting Napoleon only to be very disappointed to find it not in there. On top of this the battles are awfull (and small). I will not be buying the Expansion Pack for sure. Has no appeal to me. Imperial Glory had a great campaign (a little simple but it had a great looking map) but the battles were pretty bad (but looked great). I have been waiting a long time for a decent Napoleonic game to come out (Played the old Napoleonic games). I have found I like a little bit of every game. Campaign map as Imperial Glory. The rifle range indicator and being able to hold fire until you wanted to fire in Cossacks II etc... I must admit that the Take Command Series is the best tactial game I have played (and I have put in many hours in this game). The original company that made the Take Command Series went out of business sadly however the project has been resurected Gettysburg Scourage of War. This uses the same engine but has been updated with propar 3d models :-). I am following it closely. There is also talk they may do a Napoleonic game after they are finished with this game. Anyways I am really looking foward to playing Histwar (full version) soon :-)
« Última modificación: 17 Enero 2010, 23:35:52 pm por abarlow17 »