Author Topic: More dumb questions  (Read 2352 times)

Offline HarryInk

• Grognard de la Vieille Garde
  • Major
More dumb questions
« on: 04 February 2010, 12:27:29 PM »
I'm trying to get a profile here as the stupid ignoramus from down south, perhaps...

Fate has given me LG on my first day of work after months of leisure.  How's that!!  So I only get to snatch a late night hour or two with it rather than to gorge for long periods.  Which enhances my natural ignorance.  Here's today's question:

I'm time poor and just want to throw up a small quick battle, about corps size on a random map, with a minimum of clicks.  I can't see how to do this as it seems I need to play premade scenarios.  Am I wrong? 

I'm wondering if I need to create an OoB AND a map as separate processes before I can play (rather than them being a programmed series of quick choices).  (My model in this regard is combat mission).
"But I vil not divulge any furzer informazion!"

Offline Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
Re : More dumb questions
« Reply #1 on: 04 February 2010, 16:39:58 PM »
You've answered your own question, Harry. :)

Create a map in the map editor, create the OoB in the OoB editor, specify your map and OoB in the game when you select Solo play.  You could also mix and match your OoB with an existing map if you wish and play your small force OoB on a historic battlefield.

Hook

Offline Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
Re : More dumb questions
« Reply #2 on: 05 February 2010, 23:42:40 PM »
if I need to create an OoB AND a map as separate processes before I can play

I've not tried this yet, but what a great system to be able to do this with a few mouse clicks - excellent.