Sondage

What do you think about the Graphics of Les Grognards?

State of the art, all categories
0 (0%)
Best graphics compared to other Wargames
5 (22.7%)
Good
10 (45.5%)
Avverage
6 (27.3%)
Not so good
1 (4.5%)
The poor graphics really turns me off
0 (0%)
Horrible,worst graphics since the 50's
0 (0%)

Total des votants: 22

Vote clôturé: 04 janvier 2005, 00:54:05 am

Auteur Sujet: Les Grognard graphics  (Lu 16307 fois)

Hors ligne Lord of Khorne

• Soldat
    • http://www.considerare.blogspot.com
Les Grognard graphics
« Réponse #15 le: 04 mai 2005, 01:19:48 am »
I gave the graphics an average rating. However, I don't feel this is a drawback to the game.

There's a finite amount of resources you can spend on all aspects of the game and still release it before you retire from programming.

So, that being said, excellent game play, historical accuracy, and a "proper" feel for the battles of the Napoleonic Wars will always trump glitzy graphics and a "hollywood movie quality soundtrack", at least for me.

Poor game play or a "cookie cutter" approach to the same tired genre of computer game just doesn't cut it.  

No matter how much icing you put on it, a stale cake is a stale cake.

Would I appreciate better graphics, sure, but not at the expense of all the other announced features. Perhaps once the game is released, the fanatical and talented modders among us can enhance the skins somewhat, but if not, I'll still enjoy the game because of the underlying game mechanics and functionality.

Lately there have been many comparisons between the upcoming Imperial Glory and Les Grognards.  For me, the only outstanding feature of IG is the strategic level of the game.  The naval battles are very limited, but nice.  The land battles look and feel like a severely dumbed down version of a Total War game.  I may still buy IG, just for the strategic level game, as there's nothing else out there.

However, the game I want to play, and play as a multiplayer napoleonic battles game, is Les Grognards.

I really look forward to the 1806 game as well.

Hors ligne Link

• Comte d'Hanau
  • Major
Les Grognard graphics
« Réponse #16 le: 04 mai 2005, 10:20:36 am »
Hi Lord of Khorne,

What do your sons think about Les Grognards? And may I ask how old they are?

My son his only 2 so it's still a bit early for him.  :lol:

/Lars L.
Lars L.

Hors ligne Lord of Khorne

• Soldat
    • http://www.considerare.blogspot.com
Les Grognard graphics
« Réponse #17 le: 05 mai 2005, 08:59:46 am »
My older two sons are 14 and 11. Both don't know what to make of Les Grognards yet as they don't have much of a background on the period (neither are into reading history just yet).

However, both enjoy trying to beat me at computer games or console games.

I figure I'll get 2 copies of Les Grognards, as my budget permits, and teach them about the Wars of Napoleon while we play.

My 3 younger sons, 6, 4, and 3, aren't yet ready for it. :)  

I hope to get the Waterloo DVD this summer so we can watch it together.  My 11 year old's favorite movie is Zulu, so I have high hopes for him. My 14 year old just likes games, any kind of game, so I doubt I'll have much trouble convincing him to play me again and again even as I wipe the field with his armies.

This year should be a banner year for computer games dealing with the Napoleonic period. I know of 4 that are all scheduled for release and all have something different about them that appeal to me.  I just hope we can see a movie of the battle planning and army reorganization for Les Grognards.  :)

Note: I don't include Cossacks 2 in those 4 games.  C2 was an utter disappointment to me and not worth installing on my harddrive, even if the game were free.

Hors ligne Sid_Quibley

• Soldat
Re: Les Grognard graphics
« Réponse #18 le: 15 juin 2005, 13:28:14 pm »
I have played the TW series exclusively for the past 3 years, Shogun to Rome, and feel that the advances in graphics have been given too much consideration to the detriment of tactical gameplay.

Les Grognard graphics look perfectly adequate to me as I am looking for a tactically rich pc game.

If your final release lives up to the potential I have seen while browsing this forum you will surely attract a core fanbase very quickly.

Good luck,regards, Sid

Hors ligne Iron Warrior

• Adjudant
Les Grognard graphics
« Réponse #19 le: 16 juin 2005, 00:41:55 am »
I agree with many of the above posts. I voted "good" but in reality many things look great, just the animation could be better (ie. cavalry looks too perfectly in line when charging). But I can live with that for the gameplay and other perks that looks like will be traded for the eyecandy.

Hors ligne CBR

• Capitaine
Les Grognard graphics
« Réponse #20 le: 21 juin 2005, 15:27:11 pm »
Hey Sid, nice to see a familiar face here  :D

I guess the better graphics the more you can sell...at least thats what I can conclude from RTW heh. Personally I focus on the army/battlefield look. As long as I dont get an eye-strain looking at units and terrain is nice Im happy.

CBR