Auteur Sujet: Order Delay Question  (Lu 3681 fois)

Hors ligne Formaldehyde

• Capitaine
Order Delay Question
« le: 09 janvier 2010, 07:05:09 am »
Is the time that an order is delayed relative to the distance from the commander in chief to the subordinate?  For example, Napoleon sends two orders, one to Murat 1K away, and another to Ney, 2K away.  Will Murat get the order sooner?

Hors ligne Mooncabbage

• Chef de Bataillon
Re : Order Delay Question
« Réponse #1 le: 09 janvier 2010, 07:59:58 am »
I believe so, assuming realistic order delay settings.

Speaking of which, I wish there was more than 2 of those :P 2 hours is a LONG time for an order to be delayed.

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #2 le: 09 janvier 2010, 11:33:45 am »
There are several things that determine order delay, all described in the manual.

Off the top of my head they are:  the distance from the CinC, the competence of the commanders involved, the time it takes to translate orders in case the corps isn't the same nationality as the CinC, and the size of the corps that receives the order (larger corps need more time to organize).  I'm probably forgetting a couple.

There's a field on the unit info card for the corps commander that displays what the expected delay will be.  It's at the bottom of the info card and expressed as a time in hours and minutes.  You can watch this change as the CinC and corps commanders move closer or farther away.

Hook

Hors ligne tazmania53

• Soldat
« Réponse #3 le: 10 janvier 2010, 20:46:42 pm »
I blame the Post Office myself,for all  these delays. :?

Hors ligne Count von Csollich

• Officier HistWar
  • Colonel
Re : Re : Order Delay Question
« Réponse #4 le: 10 janvier 2010, 20:51:09 pm »
Oh those useless couriers...I've sent one over there with an attack plan and he had his head blown off by a cannon ball...bloody incompetent...first time...out  :lol:
"parcere subiectis et debellare superbos", Vergil

Hors ligne Mooncabbage

• Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #5 le: 10 janvier 2010, 21:01:16 pm »
On a somewhat related note, it'd be good if you could set up consecutive orders without having to "delay". Since I believe having the order executed immediately overwrites previous orders, and the minimum delay is 5 minutes, it'd be nice if there was a Delay 0 minutes setting, sort of liek a "After you've done the other thing, do this". Also is it possibly to daisychain more than 2 orders together at a time? I have only been able to set up 2 orders at a time so far.

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
Re : Re : Order Delay Question
« Réponse #6 le: 10 janvier 2010, 22:10:01 pm »
On a somewhat related note, it'd be good if you could set up consecutive orders without having to "delay". Since I believe having the order executed immediately overwrites previous orders, and the minimum delay is 5 minutes, it'd be nice if there was a Delay 0 minutes setting, sort of liek a "After you've done the other thing, do this". Also is it possibly to daisychain more than 2 orders together at a time? I have only been able to set up 2 orders at a time so far.

I have to look at this delay, but I don't think there is a minimum delay... just 1 minute, no more!

JMM

Hors ligne Mooncabbage

• Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #7 le: 13 janvier 2010, 09:18:30 am »
I think I can confirm that the minimum order delay time is 5 minutes in demo 2.