Auteur Sujet: Please help me decide . . .  (Lu 10539 fois)

Hors ligne crazy canuck

• Sergent
Please help me decide . . .
« le: 17 décembre 2009, 08:36:07 am »
To buy Napoleon Total War or Hist War . . .

I only have so much money to give to others !

;) ;)

Hors ligne LNDavout

• Modérateurs
  • Chef de Bataillon
Re : Please help me decide . . .
« Réponse #1 le: 17 décembre 2009, 10:00:46 am »
Buy Histwar and you are sure to get help from the Developer.

Buy NTW and be sure you get a kick into your ass if you got any problems.(and not to forget all the lies about ETW.)

Well rest is on you..

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #2 le: 17 décembre 2009, 13:59:59 pm »
If it has to be one or the other, then :

Buy NapTW, if you want a quick, fast action game with 20 units - and a decent game after it's been modded to slow it down to a playable speed.

Buy LG, if you want a long big scale battle with many hundreads of units taking part - and no need to wait for a mod.

I will buy both and hope like mad that LG becomes a good MP game - as NapTW will most certainly become after it's been modded to make it playable.

Hors ligne Darsh

• Chevalier HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
  • 1re Division de Cavalerie
« Réponse #3 le: 17 décembre 2009, 14:29:56 pm »
You could buy histwar for battles or/and NTW for campaigns

Personnally, I won't buy NTW.

Hors ligne HarryInk

• Grognard de la Vieille Garde
  • Major
« Réponse #4 le: 17 décembre 2009, 15:00:47 pm »
tough luck.  I'm afraid you're on the see-saw of angst and regret.  Ooh how you suffer!
"But I vil not divulge any furzer informazion!"

Hors ligne Gunfreak

• Capitaine
« Réponse #5 le: 17 décembre 2009, 15:01:58 pm »
Thats an easy question, Histwar.

You can by NTW in 2 years when you get it cheap and lots of mods are out

Hors ligne D3m0

• Sergent
Re : Re : Please help me decide . . .
« Réponse #6 le: 17 décembre 2009, 15:26:50 pm »
You could buy histwar for battles or/and NTW for campaigns

Personnally, I won't buy NTW.
More like 'and AGEODs Napoleons Campaigns for campaigns'... provided that you want a serious realistic wargame.

Hors ligne Memnon

• Sergent
Re : Re : Re : Please help me decide . . .
« Réponse #7 le: 17 décembre 2009, 17:45:18 pm »
Like all things computer game(ish) it depends on what you are willing to settle for.

I don't see how NTW can accurately represent a Napoleonic battlefield in it's current state. It may look nice (very nice) but if judged by the capabilities of ETW, it will fall far short of a 19th century battlefield.

Even though LG doesn't have the graphical kick (it looks ok) the effort to produce a serious Napoleonic wargame is definitely there.

It will come down to your preferred play style. As Gunner24 pointed out; buy NTW if you want a smaller, faster paced game; buy LG if you want a larger scale with more control of the battlefield.

More like 'and AGEODs Napoleons Campaigns for campaigns'... provided that you want a serious realistic wargame.

A side note: AGEOD was just acquired by Paradox Interactive in what should be a nice combination for computer wargamers.

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #8 le: 17 décembre 2009, 19:13:01 pm »
I would only suggest buting NapTW for the mods, not for the basic in the box game - I don't expect that to play well at all, but it will be a fine base for some clever people to make a decent small action Napoleonic MP game. 

I would not buy any CA TW game to play as a SP game - even if they were free !.

Hors ligne little soldier

• Capitaine
« Réponse #9 le: 17 décembre 2009, 19:16:32 pm »
ETW game 'looks nice', but has nothing to add on a strategic level. I'm almost certain, having tried the demo, that HWLG will be very challenging, strategic or tactical.

Hors ligne HarryInk

• Grognard de la Vieille Garde
  • Major
« Réponse #10 le: 17 décembre 2009, 23:08:32 pm »
Can't get myself into Napoleon's Campaigns.  Wish I could but...  and I don't know that you can export and import battles, can you?
"But I vil not divulge any furzer informazion!"

Hors ligne crazy canuck

• Sergent
« Réponse #11 le: 18 décembre 2009, 05:37:35 am »
Thanks for the support guys.

Although I thoroughly enjoyed Medieval Total War 1 and 2 and also Rome Total War, I was very very dissapointed with Empire Total War.

What I really want is game play like Histwar and graphics like the Total War series. I don't want campaigns, which take too long and are boring. Build this, trade that . . . yuck.

I just want to fight battles, nothing else.

Histwar will be the choice !  ( but I will try the NTW demo anyway . . . and also the Scourge of War when it comes out )

HUZZAH ! ! !

Hors ligne Tirailleur

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #12 le: 18 décembre 2009, 07:51:19 am »
Hello HarryInk,

Can't get myself into Napoleon's Campaigns.  Wish I could but...  and I don't know that you can export and import battles, can you?

No, there is no option to do this. The only thing you can do, is to open the saved turn-files with an editor (for example) and to modify the engaged armies. But it's not so easy, 'cause you have to modify all units: casualties, morale and where do they advance or retreat, etc. I wish there would be a savegame editor.

It's a great game and I like the graphics a little bit more than the ACW Game. It would be nice to have a NC2 in the near future with a grand campaign.

I think a good alternative operational game is "Campaigns on the Danube" where you can modify the armies, map, etc. with a hex-editor and you have an export / import battles option.

But you know the best game would be a HistWar-Campaign game...

Hors ligne Darsh

• Chevalier HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
  • 1re Division de Cavalerie
« Réponse #13 le: 18 décembre 2009, 08:51:35 am »
Thanks for the support guys.

Although I thoroughly enjoyed Medieval Total War 1 and 2 and also Rome Total War, I was very very dissapointed with Empire Total War.

What I really want is game play like Histwar and graphics like the Total War series. I don't want campaigns, which take too long and are boring. Build this, trade that . . . yuck.

And you forgot the inefficient diplomacy which are only here to have "a one peace turn".

Hors ligne D3m0

• Sergent
Re : Re : Re : Please help me decide . . .
« Réponse #14 le: 18 décembre 2009, 09:05:55 am »
It's a great game and I like the graphics a little bit more than the ACW Game. It would be nice to have a NC2 in the near future with a grand campaign.

They definitely wanted to make NC2 in 2010/2011, I hope this is still valid now that PI brought the studio.