Auteur Sujet: Map Maker and AI  (Lu 3659 fois)

Hors ligne Formaldehyde

• Capitaine
Map Maker and AI
« le: 08 janvier 2010, 03:57:43 am »
Is the AI able to utilize user made made maps, or is there some sort method of getting them to attack or defend?  Could a tester say a bit about any maps they have made and played on (and how the AI utilized it)?  Thanks.

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
Re : Map Maker and AI
« Réponse #1 le: 08 janvier 2010, 04:20:57 am »
The grand tactical AI in the first demo is a little simple-minded and I'm not sure if it looks at terrain when it makes the overall battle plan.  It might, I really don't know.

The lower level AI always uses the terrain to its advantage. 

Since the first demo there have been improvements to the AI, but I haven't seen a list of them.  I've only met that AI in battle, and it does seem to be improving. 

Bottom line is, I really haven't seen evidence either way.  No horrible mistakes, no brilliant use of terrain.  We know the AI is constantly evolving, so it's inevitable that it will eventually be in there to very good effect.  The low level AI already understands terrain, so we've got terrain recognition features in place.  And yes, I've used random maps, so it's not somehow specially coded. :)

Maybe another tester has more experience.

Hook

Hors ligne Formaldehyde

• Capitaine
« Réponse #2 le: 08 janvier 2010, 04:59:14 am »
Good to know.  Having a map editor available is one of the big draws of the game for me.  Any battle can be made up, it seems.

If one side is to specifically the defender and AI side, is there a way to make it "stay put" for the most part?  This could be useful if a historical situation were to be illustrated.

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #3 le: 08 janvier 2010, 05:36:54 am »
The map editor is great.  I've had a lot of fun with it.

I haven't tested specifically, but if the CEH (strength of the army in points) of one side is at least 1.5 times the other side, it's considered a "rear guard" action and the smaller army should assume a defensive role and there are different conditions for victory.  It's likely that the Scenario function will allow you to specify one side as the defense if the two sides are closer in strength.  I haven't gotten a chance to play with that one yet, and I don't remember what the manual says.

Hook

Hors ligne Montecuccoli

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateur
  • Colonel
« Réponse #4 le: 10 janvier 2010, 10:53:21 am »
In rear guard mode the lower force is always considered the defender, if the attacker does not rout the defender from the battlefield the defender is considered to hold ground; the rear guard mode is enabled when forces involved are tiny (15000 units or similar)
Histwar beta tester

Hors ligne Taff

• Lieutenant
Re : Re : Map Maker and AI
« Réponse #5 le: 10 janvier 2010, 11:39:31 am »
In rear guard mode the lower force is always considered the defender, if the attacker does not rout the defender from the battlefield the defender is considered to hold ground; the rear guard mode is enabled when forces involved are tiny (15000 units or similar)
so will we be able to produce senarios for others to play.Haslach-Jungingen comes to mind when you would have to choreograph both sides
« Modifié: 10 janvier 2010, 11:41:57 am par Taff »

Hors ligne Duke of Earl

• Duc d’Earl
  • Général de Brigade
  • Duc d'Friedland
Re : Re : Map Maker and AI
« Réponse #6 le: 10 janvier 2010, 14:24:55 pm »
The grand tactical AI in the first demo is a little simple-minded and I'm not sure if it looks at terrain when it makes the overall battle plan.  It might, I really don't know.

Bonjour Hook,

From my observation, it does to a certain degree .... which is why I don't fidget around with individual unit placements (especially after a Corps Defend Order) ....  I play the hand that's dealt to me by the CC and hope that he knows what the hell he's doing ....  ;)

Cordialement, DoE
« Modifié: 10 janvier 2010, 14:26:57 pm par Duke of Earl »