Auteur Sujet: Will you use the 3d view in MP battles ?.  (Lu 16655 fois)

Hors ligne TheGascon

• Caporal
Re : Will you use the 3d view in MP battles ?.
« Réponse #30 le: 22 décembre 2009, 03:12:12 am »
I'm quite late to this party, but, as someone who has played a LOT of TW (M, R, M2, and E) I'm here to say HW:LG is the first one of the batch for ME.

Then again, I am a horrible target demographic for anyone looking to sell lots of units.  I play the kriegsspiel and prefer the company of little soldiers to many (most?) humans.

I plan on playing most battles MP in truescale with my hardcore buds.  I have four of my own PCs capable of running this and, I think, four further friends available with their own machines.  These are going to be fine days indeed.

I couldn't possibly care less about the 3D look...which, fwiw, is significantly better than some of the haters are making it out to be.

But, again, I am a HORRIBLE demographic :).

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #31 le: 22 décembre 2009, 03:35:32 am »
Hey Cyrano!  I see we're pulling in the old gamers one at a time.  Welcome.

Do you still play ANVG at all?

Hook

Hors ligne TheGascon

• Caporal
« Réponse #32 le: 22 décembre 2009, 05:23:59 am »
Good Sir!

I've been tracking this thing since before BF picked it up and was, briefly, involved in the BETA.

FWIW, I actually was involved in the aborted attempt to patch JMM's first game which was, of course, Austerlitz...

...and on that topic...ANGV (and WNLB, for that matter) doesn't run at the proper speed on ANY of my machines.  I would love to play it, but there's something in the code that makes it all move far too fast.  Soldiers sprinting, even when I want them to march in stately procession.  I gather you can still get it to work?

Those were good times, though...even though I lost a LOT. :P

Here's to you!

Jim
"Cyrano"

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #33 le: 22 décembre 2009, 06:03:54 am »
FWIW, I actually was involved in the aborted attempt to patch JMM's first game which was, of course, Austerlitz...

Somehow I missed LGAA.  I remember seeing screen shots though.

...and on that topic...ANGV (and WNLB, for that matter) doesn't run at the proper speed on ANY of my machines.  I would love to play it, but there's something in the code that makes it all move far too fast.  Soldiers sprinting, even when I want them to march in stately procession.  I gather you can still get it to work?

I fired it up briefly while waiting for the HWLG demo.  I think it still worked.  Kinda ugly after all these years though. :D

I am dearly loving this game.

Hook

Hors ligne Gaston45

• Adjudant
« Réponse #34 le: 22 décembre 2009, 11:48:05 am »
I know for a fact I will use the 3D view. :p
2D to give the orders.
3D to watch my orders being carried out and the battles.
I dont believe the battles are that fast paced that you need to be constantly looking at the 2D map.

Hors ligne LNDavout

• Modérateurs
  • Chef de Bataillon
Re : Re : Will you use the 3d view in MP battles ?.
« Réponse #35 le: 22 décembre 2009, 15:04:16 pm »

...and on that topic...ANGV (and WNLB, for that matter) doesn't run at the proper speed on ANY of my machines.  I would love to play it, but there's something in the code that makes it all move far too fast.  Soldiers sprinting, even when I want them to march in stately procession.  I gather you can still get it to work?

Those were good times, though...even though I lost a LOT. :P

Here's to you!

Jim
"Cyrano"

You can order your CPU to use only 1 core for a programm.
More about that later

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #36 le: 22 décembre 2009, 15:15:14 pm »
I know for a fact I will use the 3D view.
2D to give the orders.
3D to watch my orders being carried out and the battles.
Same here, to a degree.

I dont believe the battles are that fast paced that you need to be constantly looking at the 2D map.
That depends on the time setting you use.....at 60/60 no problems, but it will be a long session.

Hors ligne Gaston45

• Adjudant
« Réponse #37 le: 23 décembre 2009, 00:03:53 am »
One must remember to drink slowely and to best enjoy the battles as they unfold over time, Napoleonic battles werent a sprint by any means.
I would think a 30\60 speed would be nice, if it takes 3 hours to play, so be it. At the higher speeds I think we would miss things.
Im really looking forward to the MP games either way.

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #38 le: 23 décembre 2009, 00:13:18 am »
I would think a 30\60 speed would be nice, if it takes 3 hours to play, so be it. At the higher speeds I think we would miss things.
Sounds good, I will try it on 30/60, so far I tend to go fast speed on the 2d and 60/60 on the 3d to view isolated events.