Author Topic: Shareing map and OoB; Battle of Wertingen 8 Oct 1805  (Read 11616 times)

Offline nix

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Chef de Bataillon
Re : Shareing map and OoB; Battle of Wertingen 8 Oct 1805
« Reply #15 on: 09 February 2010, 21:52:03 PM »
 Thanks for the encouraging huzzahs...  :D

glaude1955 -  I think the freeze when playing single player Vs AI mode is to do with the AI not ending its calculating of an initial position for the troops and perhaps that has to do with some arrangement of the terrain or terrain feature and the size of the force to be placed ( a small force could be placed in many good locations over the possible terrain while a large force may have only a few good positions) but this is only a wild guess. I think this is consistent with it playing well with no crashes if you set the initial positions by hand using 'play both sides' option so the AI doesnt have to make this calculation....
« Last Edit: 09 February 2010, 21:58:47 PM by nix »

Offline nix

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Chef de Bataillon
« Reply #16 on: 10 February 2010, 01:20:25 AM »
I take your point Orendel and I have corrected the names of the 5 french Divisions in the OoB for Wertingen ( same units, except one foot artil is swapped for correct hrs artill in the Cav division, and same structure as before but now with correct division and Brigade labels) download and paste into the Army folder of the program to replace the previous OoB.

http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/1740627/army-zip-february-10-2010-12-12-am-2k?da=y

(note added later 14.00 10/2/10 this is now incorporated in the zip file on first post so if you downloaded on or after 10/2/10 you dont need this)
« Last Edit: 10 February 2010, 14:57:50 PM by nix »

Offline timelord

• Caporal
« Reply #17 on: 10 February 2010, 01:23:59 AM »
HI
I have the order of Battle for every Battle from 1795-1815,Once i have a hard copy of the game i will post all the order of battles .
Each one will be 100% right, if anyone is looking for oders of battle PM and i will send them to you with maps . ;)
All the best
Darren

Offline Marschal Ney

• Sergent
« Reply #18 on: 10 February 2010, 06:20:39 AM »
Congratulation for the map  :D
but i have an issue with your map,after i install it and i start the game i choose your scenario and i choose the french side
but then when i click start the game freeze showing me just the the red downloading screen  :?
is this just happen to me or is this a problem from the game?
regards.

Ney

Offline glaude1955

• Major
« Reply #19 on: 10 February 2010, 08:14:02 AM »
Congratulations Nix,
Merci pour le conseil
Thanks for the hint.

Yves

Marschal Ney ,

Je rencontre le même problème. Le jeu se bloque dans les cas suivants :
joueur camp français contre IA camp coalisé
joueur camp coalisé contre IA camp français.
Par contre, le jeu fonctionne en choisissant de commander les 2 camps.
Nix a donné une explication sur le blocage. Espérons que JMM puisse résoudre ce problème car si nous devons positionner les unités à la place de l'IA, fini la surprise...

I'm having the same problem. Hangs in the following cases:
Player Camp French vs Camp coalition  IA
Player coalition camp vs French camp IA
For cons, the game works by selecting the order of 2 camps.
Nix gave an explanation on the block. Hopefully JMM can solve this problem because if we position the units instead of AI, finished a surprise ...

Thanks for the encouraging huzzahs...  :D

glaude1955 -  I think the freeze when playing single player Vs AI mode is to do with the AI not ending its calculating of an initial position for the troops and perhaps that has to do with some arrangement of the terrain or terrain feature and the size of the force to be placed ( a small force could be placed in many good locations over the possible terrain while a large force may have only a few good positions) but this is only a wild guess. I think this is consistent with it playing well with no crashes if you set the initial positions by hand using 'play both sides' option so the AI doesnt have to make this calculation....

Offline nix

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Chef de Bataillon
« Reply #20 on: 10 February 2010, 09:51:12 AM »
Wow thanks timelord look forward to the info it will be very useful. :D

Well Marschal Ney, I did say in the read me file and several times on this thread already( :cry:):

For this scenario (and i suspect many more to come)

PLAYER Vs AI MODE CAUSES A HANG at the red leather screen before the battle loads SO DONT DO IT

choose PLAY BOTH SIDES in solo mode and all is well.

(I have now added this comment to the first post on the thread to avoid future confusion!) anyway glad you liked the map.

If you didnt read the updated 'read me' file ( the last link on the first post of this thread) you will have missed the suggested historical set up suggestions with delayed order timings for the  French division arrivals, so it maybe worth a read....

Did you notice the updated OoB with proper divisional names (and horse artil rather than foot artill with the caV division) posted on this thread four postings up? I will have to add this to the original files but in the mean time you can download it from the post.

« Last Edit: 10 February 2010, 10:16:46 AM by nix »

Offline Marschal Ney

• Sergent
« Reply #21 on: 10 February 2010, 16:07:54 PM »
Gentlemen,i thank you very much for your reply,and i want to apologize as well if i didn't check the first part of this thread.
so my bad,anyway i do have one more question,when i do start the battle choosing human vs human is there a possibility after the game started to activate the AI for one side ?
i would love to try to play this awesome map against the AI if possible.
kind regards to all.

Ney

Offline nix

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Chef de Bataillon
« Reply #22 on: 10 February 2010, 19:00:28 PM »
Yes that is the point... It automatically activates.

If you choose play both sides. You set up the French  initial dispositions as you want, or as suggested in the read me and then with Murat positioned up near Beaumonts cav you issue orders to each French division, but instead of imediate execution you choose the time suggested for the order to be implemented (eg if you order oudinard to march to wertingen you click on oudinard choose march in the pop up menu then implement and use the slider to choose the time 2H00. You can be more detailed for example you could order the march to the gap in the hill then issue a second order for 2h05 to deploy on line and attack wertigen. the two orders will be executed sequentially when the time comes as long as oudinard doesnt get intercepted on his way by Austrians if he does the AI will take care of the ensuing fight!) Issue orders to each division. In this way you have set up the French plan of arrival at wertingen ( check it with F8, orders ,to ensure all are logged: they display as coloured arrows on the map with times of implementation attached: to see the times displayed move the cursor off the drop down orders menu into the blue deployment zone on the map). The AI will take care of the detailed combats the troops may encounter on their journey. Having set up the French you then switch sides and set up the Austrians. If you now Hit p the game starts. while you play as Austria the AI plays as France using the outline plan you gave it (which effectively determins the times the french troops turn up at wertingen to correspond with historical arrival times), but what they do when they turn up is controlled by the AI .

Pretty awesome really!
« Last Edit: 10 February 2010, 19:11:29 PM by nix »

Offline Théodoricus

• Major
« Reply #23 on: 10 February 2010, 19:30:26 PM »
Hi

I put a thread on the french forum because I was looking for Order of battles on the napoleonic wars.

Thanks Timelord : your info will be very useful !  :smile:

Théodoricus