Auteur Sujet: Learning the game  (Lu 2753 fois)

Hors ligne gforster

• Caporal
Learning the game
« le: 22 janvier 2011, 18:30:29 pm »
So far I spend my time on Quatre Bras, learning the system, because it is  small .
The more I study this, the more logical it seems (not perfect yet... but)
I send 5 COA infantry regiments to the southeast to flank the French moving north toward the crossroads of QuatreBras.
The French AI block with 2 cavalary regiments, halting the advance of the COA infantry and forcing them to go into"SQUARE" formation, the COA counter by bringing up Horse artillery and driving off the French. The flanking movement of the COA infantry then resumes. 

Very nice... this really feels like a Napoleonic Period battle. :D

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
Re : Learning the game
« Réponse #1 le: 22 janvier 2011, 19:11:21 pm »
So far I spend my time on Quatre Bras, learning the system, because it is  small .
The more I study this, the more logical it seems (not perfect yet... but)
I send 5 COA infantry regiments to the southeast to flank the French moving north toward the crossroads of QuatreBras.
The French AI block with 2 cavalary regiments, halting the advance of the COA infantry and forcing them to go into"SQUARE" formation, the COA counter by bringing up Horse artillery and driving off the French. The flanking movement of the COA infantry then resumes. 

Very nice... this really feels like a Napoleonic Period battle. :D

Good hook for cavalry to forcing infantry go into sqeare and after that horse artillery open fire on square.
Glinka F.N. The memoirs of  Borodino battle. - "...screams of commanders and howls of despair on ten different languages was drowned by cannonade and drumbeat..."

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
Re : Learning the game
« Réponse #2 le: 22 janvier 2011, 19:47:36 pm »
Good hook for cavalry to forcing infantry go into sqeare and after that horse artillery open fire on square.

And exactly why Cavalry attacking Infantry should bring Arty with them,  Have you ever seen a Cavalry regiment almost touching an enemy square (2d mode), displaying "Attack on Unit" and yet doing nothing for a long time? well they are waiting for Artillery support!!!!