Autor Thema: An improvement to the PBEM set up process  (Gelesen 3064 mal)

Offline HarryInk

• Grognard de la Vieille Garde
  • Major
An improvement to the PBEM set up process
« am: 07 Februar 2010, 12:43:52 Nachmittag »
Gazfun sent me this helpful note about setting up PBEMs.  I quote part of it:

So comrades, the Pbem works and works fine even without waiting for a patch

Player A: create the pbem, deploy units and give orders; send file to Player B
Player B: Select Dispatch Orders, deploy units and give orders; send file to Player A
-------
(now keep attention)
Player A: 1- Select WATCH, it will show after a while EXIT; no problem at all it is the Engine that build up the movie; so just SEND the file DO NOT OPEN DISPATCH; send file to Player B

I found the red EXIT page very confusing and, shame on me, thought the process didn't work.  I was a little spooked by the comments here: http://www.histwar.org/forum/index.php/topic,3848.0.html

All seems working now.  However, like others no doubt have, can I suggest the patch adds text to the red EXIT page to tell the player what it means and what to do next: a little first-time support

Gazfun m'a envoyé cette note utile du fait de monter PBEMs. J'en cite la partie :

Ainsi les camarades, le Pbem travaille et les travaux parfaits même sans attendre une pièce

Joueur A : créez le pbem, déployez des unités et donnez des ordres; envoyez le dossier au Joueur B
Joueur B : Choisissez des Ordres de Dépêche, déployez des unités et donnez des ordres; envoyez le dossier au Joueur A
-------
(gardez maintenant l'attention)
Joueur A : 1-MONTRE d'Élection, il montrera un moment après la SORTIE; aucun problème du tout c'est le Moteur qui accumulent le film; ENVOYEZ si juste le dossier n'OUVRENT PAS DE DÉPÊCHE; envoyez le dossier au Joueur B

J'ai constaté que la page de SORTIE rouge très déconcertante et, la honte sur moi, a cru que le processus n'a pas travaillé. J'ai été un peu effrayé selon les commentaires ici : http: // www.histwar.org/forum/index.php/topic, 3848.0.html

Tout semble le travail maintenant. Pourtant, comme d'autres ont sans doute, [je] peux je suggérer que la pièce ajoute le texte à la page de SORTIE rouge pour dire au joueur que cela signifie et que faire ensuite : un peu de soutien premier-fois [/i]
"But I vil not divulge any furzer informazion!"

Offline GrosPaul

• Chef de Bataillon
Re : An improvement to the PBEM set up process
« Antwort #1 am: 07 Februar 2010, 13:10:46 Nachmittag »
Une autre amélioration pourrait être de disposer d'une liste des erreurs.
Cela diminuerait la perplexité, le cas échéant.

Par exemple aujourd'hui je vois "Error Phase Player B: 17". Cela me change des précédents "Error Phase Player A: 16". Mais n'est pas plus informatif.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another improvement could be to have a list of errors.
This will decrease the perplexity, when happened.

For example today I see "Error Phase Player B: 17". That change from previous "Error Phase Player A: 16". But is not more informative.

Offline HarryInk

• Grognard de la Vieille Garde
  • Major
« Antwort #2 am: 07 Februar 2010, 13:53:12 Nachmittag »
Well, at least it shows you are moving forward! :P
"But I vil not divulge any furzer informazion!"

Offline Uxbridge

• Chef de Bataillon
« Antwort #3 am: 07 Februar 2010, 15:28:59 Nachmittag »

Player A: create the pbem, deploy units and give orders; send file to Player B
Player B: Select Dispatch Orders, deploy units and give orders; send file to Player A
-------
(now keep attention)
Player A: 1- Select WATCH, it will show after a while EXIT; no problem at all it is the Engine that build up the movie; so just SEND the file DO NOT OPEN DISPATCH; send file to Player B[/i][/center]

I don't understand this. Player A makes the game, sends to B. When A gets it back he just watches the replay and then sends it back to B? What is the point of that? Are you saying A must not give orders when he first receives the game back from B?

I bet this is one reason why we have had so problems because A may well wish to issue issues when he receives the game back.
Has anyone seen my leg?

Offline Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Antwort #4 am: 07 Februar 2010, 15:44:33 Nachmittag »
Zitat
When A gets it back he just watches the replay and then sends it back to B?
NO, please read ALL the instructions......there is a SET UP STAGE which must be followed, and then the game continues as instructions by viewing replay and gicing orders and returning the file - unless the red screen exit appears:

Zitat
SET UP STAGE, PLAYER A
1. Player A starts the game, set up the game options the way you both want to play.
2. Click on Play by Email, select which side you wish to play, the other player will get the other side, then click on Create PBEM game.
3. Set up your troops and give your initial orders. Press P to exit.
3. Send the pbe file to your opponent. You'll find it in your Save/PBEM folder. This file should be renamed now to show both players names and the map, to avoid confusion if your playing several games with different people on the same maps, try to keep the file name as SHORT as possible - for example : g24gpBorodino

Zitat
SET UP STAGE Player B
1. Put the pbe file in your Save/PBEM folder.
2. Click on Play by Email, then on Dispatch Orders - Play Sequence.
3. Set up your troops and give your initial orders. Press P to exit.
4. Send the pbe file to your opponent.
[/quote]

At this point, both players will do the same thing until the game is over.

Zitat
A. Put the pbe file in your Save/PBEM folder, allow it to overwrite the old file, unless you want to keep that somewhere else on your pc as a backup.
B. Click on Play by Email then on Watch Replay. You may watch the replay as many times as you wish. Press control Q to exit.
C. Click on Dispatch Orders - Play Sequence. Give your orders. Press P to exit.
D. Send the pbe file to your opponent.

NOTE: At some points during play you will click on Watch a Replay but get the red screen with Exit instead of seeing the replay. This is normal. Click on Exit and send the file to your opponent. Do NOT do anything else.
« Letzte Änderung: 07 Februar 2010, 15:47:03 Nachmittag von Gunner24 »