Auteur Sujet: demo  (Lu 121067 fois)

Hors ligne HarryInk

• Grognard de la Vieille Garde
  • Major
Re : demo
« Réponse #225 le: 05 décembre 2009, 17:30:35 pm »
Not the dreaded 0,0 coordinate!  It's the 'Bermuda Triangle' of LG!
"But I vil not divulge any furzer informazion!"

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
« Réponse #226 le: 05 décembre 2009, 17:40:25 pm »
Could you send me the file xxx.sav (histwar@histwar.com) within folder save/bataille.
I would like to identify the problem why the units get a bad order...

THX

JMM

Hors ligne quartermaster

• Officier HistWar
  • Chef de Bataillon
Re : Re : demo
« Réponse #227 le: 08 décembre 2009, 23:23:50 pm »
Although I have had few problems with Demo while playing the map Montebello/Montebello I have found quite often that the enemy army is sometimes deployed all together on one flank of the Battlefield. I just restart the battle and usually they are all spaced out. It's not a problem restarting but I think I am right in saying that if I have the fog of war turned up to 'Grognard' then I would not know he had deployed all in one place and only find out after an hour or so of wasted battle.

I know the AI is turned down/off for the demo, so will this be an issue in the full version?

english007 - is this the same?

Hors ligne quartermaster

• Officier HistWar
  • Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #228 le: 08 décembre 2009, 23:36:49 pm »
Now using the Montebello map and OoB the more unusual behaviour has diminished but not disappeared altogether.

In the screenshot Ney is under "deploy on line" orders and Grouchy is "Link in support".  Grouchy's corp is highlighted in yellow.

You can see one cavalry unit well in advance of the rest.  When I checked this in 3D the unit was showing "Unit Attacked" orders and seemed to have called out an opposing cavalry unit in a duel as this was the only enemy unit showing "unit attacked".

Hors ligne englishoo7

• Capitaine
  • 'The Bloody 11th'
Re : Re : Re : demo
« Réponse #229 le: 08 décembre 2009, 23:54:46 pm »
english007 - is this the same?

Yes thats it exactly!
Once more into the breach dear friends...

Hors ligne englishoo7

• Capitaine
  • 'The Bloody 11th'
« Réponse #230 le: 10 décembre 2009, 01:46:57 am »
I sent an order to a whole Corps of cavalry today to deploy onto a defence line of infantry. The cavalry had no Artillery and no support. They all left the battlefield after over running a batterie. It showed 'escape' on their card. They ran through other Corps so I tried to rally them but this did nothing? (Rally does not appear very good but I was trying to rally them with other Corps commanders that were nearer). This is the second time I have had this happen (I know I should have learnt the first time!  ;)). They should perhaps refuse, but not I think leave the whole battle?
« Modifié: 10 décembre 2009, 01:59:09 am par englishoo7 »

Hors ligne lodi57

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #231 le: 10 décembre 2009, 09:23:00 am »
Rally does not appear very good but I was trying to rally them with other Corps commanders that were nearer). This is the second time I have

If you are talking about the "rally" order, this one is just to call back to the corps detached units. There is no order to rally a disorder or retreating corp because this rallying phase is included in the tactical-AI and the CC does it automatically (or try to).
“Jamais d’aultres armes nous prendront, que celles que nous élisons ; et nous disons pour réconfort, nous voulons la liberté ou la mort !”

Hors ligne Uxbridge

• Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #232 le: 10 décembre 2009, 16:25:02 pm »
This use of "rally" is confusing. I also have assumed it meant that escaping or disordered troops might respond to their Corps Commander. It should be "Reattach".
Has anyone seen my leg?

Hors ligne lodi57

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #233 le: 11 décembre 2009, 10:31:11 am »
This use of "rally" is confusing. I also have assumed it meant that escaping or disordered troops might respond to their Corps Commander. It should be "Reattach".

The manual explains this page 28.
“Jamais d’aultres armes nous prendront, que celles que nous élisons ; et nous disons pour réconfort, nous voulons la liberté ou la mort !”

Hors ligne Uxbridge

• Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #234 le: 11 décembre 2009, 11:05:23 am »
Who has time to read the manual? - I keep meaning to but then I fire up the game instead.
Has anyone seen my leg?

Hors ligne HarryInk

• Grognard de la Vieille Garde
  • Major
« Réponse #235 le: 11 décembre 2009, 13:16:48 pm »
It's a Murat / Uxbridge / Ponsonby / Ney kinda thing, ain't it!
"But I vil not divulge any furzer informazion!"

Hors ligne englishoo7

• Capitaine
  • 'The Bloody 11th'
« Réponse #236 le: 11 décembre 2009, 17:56:15 pm »
Right, three times now my whole cavalry corps has left the field! They show 'escape' on their cards and it is always after they are told to deploy on an enemy defence line. What am I doing wrong? Should I have them all shot??  :evil:

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #237 le: 11 décembre 2009, 18:17:48 pm »
Right, three times now my whole cavalry corps has left the field! They show 'escape' on their cards and it is always after they are told to deploy on an enemy defence line. What am I doing wrong? Should I have them all shot??  :evil:

I guess you could ask Ney how well that kind of attack works. :)  Odd that they'd decide to leave the field instead of simply refusing the order though.  It may be within the design limits of the game.

Hook

Hors ligne Ras

• Chef de Bataillon
  • MizuRas
« Réponse #238 le: 11 décembre 2009, 18:31:58 pm »
That's a bug. Happened to me, too. I've already mailed JMM the replay along with the details. I suppose he's aware of it by now.

Hors ligne Holdit

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #239 le: 11 décembre 2009, 18:36:10 pm »

You mean they effectively routed instead of obeying instructions? Before experiencing any combat?

Holdit