Auteur Sujet: demo  (Lu 121062 fois)

Hors ligne CBR

• Capitaine
Re : Re : demo
« Réponse #150 le: 30 novembre 2009, 15:05:04 pm »
I'm glad that I didn't post yesterday, as my initial impressions would have been a mix of frustration, due to frequent crashes, and a very steep learning curve.  Now, after a good many hours of playing I not only feel relatively confident with controls, etc, but can see that this is going to be an absolutely fantastic game.
Can't really say the same... It still feels like a train wreck to me, especially since it stopped working on both of my machines  :roll: At least my notebook allowed me to play a full battle once.

I had planned to write a longer post and be as constructive as possible (some of the stuff has already been mentioned) but right now I quite frankly don't want to waste more time on it. Maybe later...

Hors ligne FranzVonG

• Capitaine
« Réponse #151 le: 30 novembre 2009, 15:07:38 pm »
but is it a real MP game ?

what do you mean? To me, it seems far more a MP than a SP game, I cannot really see how the AI canbe competitive in such a complex game.
Lieutenant Franz von G., Cmdr. of the Lègion du Midi, 15th Division, IV Corps, Grande Armée.

Hors ligne von Döbeln

• Lieutenant
Re : Re : Re : demo
« Réponse #152 le: 30 novembre 2009, 16:34:48 pm »
Yes. It represented shells howitzers explosion in the air (it was the fuse that determined the distance of explosion, but this was imprecised so shells used to explode when on the floor or in the air).

I thought of that but considering the arc and height the shells explode at it looks more like mortars firing than cannon.

LvD
Let no bastard pass the bridge!

Hors ligne Petrus58

• Capitaine
Re : Re : Re : demo
« Réponse #153 le: 30 novembre 2009, 16:40:18 pm »
Can't really say the same... It still feels like a train wreck to me, especially since it stopped working on both of my machines  :roll: At least my notebook allowed me to play a full battle once.

I had planned to write a longer post and be as constructive as possible (some of the stuff has already been mentioned) but right now I quite frankly don't want to waste more time on it. Maybe later...

CBR,

A brief qualification. What the demo has done is convince me that providing the many issues raised here are addressed, this will be a great game. Right now I will hold off buying the full version until I am satisfied these have been fixed. I suppose, because of the desire for this game, I have been more generous than I would for a demo in this condition.

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
Re : demo
« Réponse #154 le: 30 novembre 2009, 16:58:00 pm »
what do you mean?
It's very early I know, but in about 9 hours of play I find it needs to be played slowly, maybe not at 60/60 time speed the whole time, but when it's speeded up it ruins the whole feel of the game........in MP I was thinking it could be played at "fast forward" speed a lot of the time, but now after trying the demo I'd not want to play it like that, it would spoil the whole game......so, the MP problem is :

How many people will be going to the trouble of setting up and joining MP games that might take 3-4 hours to play ?.

Hors ligne Gunfreak

• Capitaine
« Réponse #155 le: 30 novembre 2009, 17:08:47 pm »
Well you can save mp battles. I would have no problem playing a full 12 hour battle in say 6 hours over two days,

This is ofcourse easier if your only two players, the more players the harder it will get to find two whole eveings to play

Hors ligne Franciscus

• Colonel
« Réponse #156 le: 30 novembre 2009, 17:15:37 pm »
Hi,
I think I found the following bug in demo tutorial:

I ordered Infy to support arty. Later ordered both to the same location.

There the 3D graphics showed only the arty not the Infy.

When ordering the Infy to some other location thereafter the Infy would not appear as a 3D graphic anymore but only as a green stain on the 3D battlefield.

Exactly the same thing happens to me. First tutorial.
The inf unit is still "there" - if I place the cursor on the ground info appears about it, and I can give orders. But soldiers are not visible in either of the two 3d views.

Also, both cav and arty teleport but infantry takes more time to make the moves...

win XP
4 G RAM
ATI 4670

Hors ligne Stoppelhopser

• Adjudant
« Réponse #157 le: 30 novembre 2009, 17:52:21 pm »
I experienced the same strangeness as Boney N and Franciscus.

Only that some time later (several minutes) my Infantry regiment showed up again wide apart from the artillery to be supported.

Hors ligne lodi57

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
Re : Re : Re : Re : demo
« Réponse #158 le: 30 novembre 2009, 18:21:01 pm »
I thought of that but considering the arc and height the shells explode at it looks more like mortars firing than cannon.

LvD

Howitzers aren't cannon  ;).
“Jamais d’aultres armes nous prendront, que celles que nous élisons ; et nous disons pour réconfort, nous voulons la liberté ou la mort !”

Hors ligne von Döbeln

• Lieutenant
Re : Re : Re : Re : Re : demo
« Réponse #159 le: 30 novembre 2009, 21:16:05 pm »
Howitzers aren't cannon  ;).

Regardless if it's cannon or howitzers I wouldn't expect the grenades to explode 100 meters right above the targeted enemy's head.

LvD
Let no bastard pass the bridge!

Hors ligne Gunfreak

• Capitaine
« Réponse #160 le: 30 novembre 2009, 21:38:15 pm »
Happens when the fuse isn't cut right, it might explode to high, or it might explode after it had dug itself into the ground, the right time for it to explode is right above the heads of troops or inn troops. But it only happed when the fuse was cut just right.

It was not uncommen for them to explode to high. which is probebly what the graphics show

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
Re : Re : Re : Re : Re : Re : demo
« Réponse #161 le: 30 novembre 2009, 22:38:57 pm »
Regardless if it's cannon or howitzers I wouldn't expect the grenades to explode 100 meters right above the targeted enemy's head.

I believe what you're seeing is proper behavior.  It's not the explosion of the projectile that causes the damage, but the balls inside the projectile.  It has to explode high enough above the target for the balls to disperse.  Think of it as canister fired from 100 meters up.

If there's an error, it's that the explosions are directly over the target.   They should probably be about 100 meters in the direction of the cannons and 100 meters up.  But that doesn't make for good cinema and would end up confusing people even more.

Hook

Hors ligne Gunfreak

• Capitaine
Re : Re : Re : Re : Re : Re : Re : demo
« Réponse #162 le: 30 novembre 2009, 22:47:16 pm »
I believe what you're seeing is proper behavior.  It's not the explosion of the projectile that causes the damage, but the balls inside the projectile.  It has to explode high enough above the target for the balls to disperse.  Think of it as canister fired from 100 meters up.

If there's an error, it's that the explosions are directly over the target.   They should probably be about 100 meters in the direction of the cannons and 100 meters up.  But that doesn't make for good cinema and would end up confusing people even more.

Hook

Actualy it's not shrapnel(which is what you describe) but shell, a shell is just a big hollow iron ball with gunpowder in it. it was ment to explode right about or inside formations.

Shrapnel was ONLY used by the british, it was their secret weapon, only by the 1830s did other countries get it.
So shrapnel is not in the game. but regular old shells

Hors ligne pdmeff

• Caporal
Re : Re : Re : Re : Re : Re : Re : Re : demo
« Réponse #163 le: 30 novembre 2009, 22:51:09 pm »
Shrapnel was ONLY used by the british, it was their secret weapon,

And what about rockets?  :twisted:

Hors ligne Gunfreak

• Capitaine
« Réponse #164 le: 30 novembre 2009, 22:58:41 pm »
Rockets whern't very secret, just that nobody els botherd to use them, as they were useless