Auteur Sujet: demo  (Lu 121037 fois)

Hors ligne Marshal Oudinot

• Soldat
Re : demo
« Réponse #105 le: 29 novembre 2009, 13:15:36 pm »
JMM and Perrine thank you so much for all the effort you have made to get this program out :smile:

Downloaded and installed no problems :smile:
Had to manually double click icon in Demo folder and loaded .....onto battlefield looking very good indeed, music and birds sounds execllent, I have XP 2 Gigs ram 500MB graphics card no slow down in speed.

Erm thing is I better read the manual now :oops:

Vive JMM and Perrine :D

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #106 le: 29 novembre 2009, 13:33:37 pm »
First impressions:  game looks good. It's going to take a while to learn it. 

I'm getting an error message when I point the cursor just to the west of the village.  I'll post what it is shortly.  It appears that the game doesn't have the proper translation text for whatever the terrain is in that spot.  No other problems that won't be solved by playing and learning.

Hook

Hors ligne bidermann

• Caporal
« Réponse #107 le: 29 novembre 2009, 13:43:43 pm »
Yes downloaded and playing , its very good .As above it will take awhile to get to grips with it all but well done JMM!!

Hors ligne Marshal Oudinot

• Soldat
« Réponse #108 le: 29 novembre 2009, 13:49:21 pm »
To create a shortcut for the Desktop.

Open Folder in C\ programs\HistWar\HistWar La Demo
Inside you will an Icon LGDN right click and copy then paste shortcut to desktop.
thats it  :smile:

Lancier

• Invité
« Réponse #109 le: 29 novembre 2009, 14:00:05 pm »
Demo works if i do not change the options otherwise crash.

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #110 le: 29 novembre 2009, 14:10:50 pm »
Error message is "ERREUR Text3 320" as described above.

Hook

Hors ligne Fontanelli

• Lieutenant
  • Division Italienne de la Garde
« Réponse #111 le: 29 novembre 2009, 14:32:57 pm »
Can anyone tell me how to save a game?

Hors ligne Perrine

• Responsable Site et Forum
  • Administrateur
  • Colonel
    • http://www.histwar.com
« Réponse #112 le: 29 novembre 2009, 14:33:40 pm »
Hey guys ! Happy to read your comments and see you have a great sunday with HistWar ;)

Download is now available in torrent : http://www.histwargames.com/HistWarLesGrognards-Demo-V1.00.exe.torrent
And the md5 : http://www.histwargames.com/HistWarLesGrognards-Demo-V1.00.exe.md5
Perrine,
HistWar - Le jeu de stratégie sur PC (version française)
HistWar - The strategic video game (english version)

Hors ligne Duke of Earl

• Duc d’Earl
  • Général de Brigade
  • Duc d'Friedland
« Réponse #113 le: 29 novembre 2009, 14:45:42 pm »
Bonjour Messieurs,

Impression: BIG, Sophisticated, Comprehensive and Complex (did i say BIG?) .... steep learning curve (tutorials help some) - CHALLENGING .... must re-read manual several times to get routine concepts right ... I see A LOT of differences from LGAA .... still, demo looks like a very good, playable simulation (with practice) .... may have a few more bugs to work out (due to sheer size of game) .... no CTD problems yet ..... we'll see ..... going to be a VERY busy day .....  :lol: :twisted: :roll: :oops:

Cordialement, DoE

P.S. This is not HALO or TW .... it is something totally new ....
« Modifié: 29 novembre 2009, 18:53:06 pm par Duke of Earl »

Hors ligne englishoo7

• Capitaine
  • 'The Bloody 11th'
« Réponse #114 le: 29 novembre 2009, 15:02:17 pm »
Had a battle... Great!  :mrgreen: good music. Easy to give orders. I beat the Austrians! Trying to work out if I give an individual regiment an order to attack have I detatched it? My Corps became a mess on impact with the enemy... mmmm.

Well done JMM and team.

Bad points are :twisted:

The sounds of musket fire are terrible!! Gives me an ear ache. YOU MUST CHANGE THIS..
Once more into the breach dear friends...

Hors ligne Scotsman

• Soldat
Re : demo 1st Impressions
« Réponse #115 le: 29 novembre 2009, 15:36:37 pm »
First impression is 'great to see a Napoleonic game out'. Demo impression is;

1. Birds are louder than the music.

2. No desktop shot cut added by default, I think that should be done.

3. Game Launch Short Cut is broken but yes, easy to navigate to if you are PC savy. Not everyone is.

4. The tutorial crashes to desktop on 1st load then after that loads fine.

5. When the main map is over a town the mini map/nav map shows the town and you lose the strategic view thus making a jump out of the town cumbersome as you have to scroll out of town to get the map back.

6. No 'edge scrolling' I think the game would benefit from at least an edge scroll on the sides of the screen. This is especially useful if you are behind a large army 'in line formation' and want to scroll up a few regiments. The Mini Map 'jump to' is not accurate enough for smaller movements up the line. Rotating the map 90 degrees left to then scroll up the line and then rotating the map back 90 degrees right could prove difficult in the heat of battle if you do not want to take your eye off the enemy in front.

7. Could do with a 'back button' on the tutorial as an accidental double tap on the return key means you miss important information and have to reload the tutorial.

8. During the tutorial you are directed to give an order to your Cavalry. The order is described as 'Bringing Light To the Sector', the orders menu does not reflect this, it says 'Scout on an Area'.

9. During the tutorial you are directed to give an order to send your Cavalry '1500 feet east' when you issue the order the distance on the 2D map is displayed as Meters.

10. The 2D and the 3D map could benefit from with the addition of a Compass, fixed or toggled on/off.

11. On the 2D map the floating info box (best seen during tutorial 2) obscures the enemy if for example you move a Cavalry unit close to the Eastern  edge of the map. When you then put the mouse cursor on your Unit the info box stays over the enemy. The box does of course move if you position the cursor closer to the enemy. I tried to capture a screen shot to demonstrate this, I couldn't...

I would prefer this box to be user positioned and to stay fixed where the user drops it to aid battle planning in close quarters.

12. I found my Infantry unit changing to column from line formation without me issuing the order. I also noticed that after a march order they just stood in a bunch...

13. Overall I have enjoyed my first 2 hours on the demo very much and all of the above points are presented as constructive feedback from a player.

Hors ligne Gunfreak

• Capitaine
« Réponse #116 le: 29 novembre 2009, 15:39:54 pm »
Just came from a 3 hours tutorial battle.

I took the town with out problems, the austrians tried to charge my infantry, but heavy canister and musket fire sent them away with HEAVY losses.

The austrians maniged to outflank them self, they sent a corps right into my lines, but I had two corps on my flank, and I only had to envolpe them and they surrenderd after a few volleys, took over 4000 austrians prisoners.

I did run into problems in the end tho, a unit of austirans put up stiff resistance and sent sevral of my unit back, before a third attack finnaly pushed them away.

I even had to bring up my last unused corps.
The polish got a bloody nose but they did deal a blow to the russians.

There are some thing I didn't like, like the fact that if one battlion in a unit runs all the other battlions do it do.
It was kinda anyoing, only the first battalion in the unit took casualties, but when it retreated, ALL the other battalions did it to

Hors ligne Fontanelli

• Lieutenant
  • Division Italienne de la Garde
« Réponse #117 le: 29 novembre 2009, 15:44:57 pm »
Strange

Tutorial

I give Vallin's Hussars to scout the crossroad in front of Stabloss

It says it will take 28 mins to reach the area

They are on place afdter 2 mins :shock:

Hors ligne Badger1815

• Officier HistWar
  • Soldat
« Réponse #118 le: 29 novembre 2009, 16:00:20 pm »
Thats probably because you set the game time to 10 mins real/1 min game time.

You can incrementally adjust the ingame time (speed up/slow down)

cheers
B

Hors ligne von Döbeln

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #119 le: 29 novembre 2009, 16:01:33 pm »
Music in the demo seems to cut in and out. Usually the birds/ambient sounds are much louder, but at times there comes a very loud burst of music (just for a second or so).

LvD
Let no bastard pass the bridge!