Auteur Sujet: AAR - Videos of Battle of Wertingen & some Video tips  (Lu 8445 fois)

Hors ligne nix

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Chef de Bataillon
Re : AAR - Videos of Battle of Wertingen & some Video tips
« Réponse #15 le: 17 février 2010, 12:57:22 pm »
Thanks for all the encouraging huzzahs!

(I did notice the date error on one of the titles but of course only after rendering the films and uploading them - Dohhh!)

The odd Austrian retreat in the town in Pt4 occurs because the town is being overwhelmed at the N , W and S gate by French regiments, The Ai knows it and responds although the animation of the french is playing catch up, we see the french arriving in the town center. They are wearing their (briefly adopted) white uniforms so could be confused with the escaping Austrians.

Hors ligne Franciscus

• Colonel
« Réponse #16 le: 17 février 2010, 18:27:18 pm »
Great job, nix  :mrgreen:

Hors ligne nix

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #17 le: 18 février 2010, 10:20:59 am »
I just discovered why the fraps demo was not capturing good quality sound for the films I posted...

I t is not a limitation of the fraps demo (3.0.3) as such but the fact I was running HWLG on my laptop which I discover uses the CPU to process sound rather than having a seperate sound card. (this didnt seem to be a problem for anything else but it is for sound capture when video capture and game play put large demand on the system) If you have a seperate sound card, then sound capture will work well. I have taken HWLG off my laptop and put it on an older tower pc and I now find I can capture sound. (Another Dooohhh! )(The fraps program automatically detects the best sound source on the computer when you install it and uses this for its sound capture. I find that it chooses "Stereo Mix (Realtek HD Audio input)" as source.

N.B. The level of the stereo mix (set from control panel > Audio > Record > stereo mix ) must be very low , about 1/5 of full possible setting: If it is too high, horrible distortion occurs which misleads you into thinking the sound capture will not work!)

I hope these tips are helpful for anyone else trying to capture someclips from the game.