Auteur Sujet: Moving Corps Commanders?  (Lu 2962 fois)

Hors ligne War Depot David

• Caporal
Moving Corps Commanders?
« le: 08 janvier 2010, 04:43:33 am »
One thing I like is to take the role of the Corps Commanders as well as the Army Commander and control each of my brigades and regiments.  

Questions I have:

If all brigades and regiments are controlled direct, the Corps Commander just stands there and will not allow you to move him.  Is there a way?  Is there any reason to?  Obviously a RALLY UNITS command will bring them all back to him but that takes time.

Is there any benefit in keeping regiments from same brigade and division together?

Can a Corps Commander move separately to his subunits?  So moving him to intercept a fleeing unit for example?

Otherwise I am very excited with this game.  Been watching it's progress for years and am very happy with JMM's work.  You have done and are doing wonderful work and should be very proud and happy with yourself.  We all look forward to supporting you by purchasing and playing it for years to come.  I love large scale Napoleonic gaming and regularly play tabletop games using Empire V rules by Scott Bowden.  Not since Take Command have I been excited by the potential of a new game and engine.  Well done.
« Modifié: 08 janvier 2010, 04:45:34 am par War Depot David »

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
Re : Moving Corps Commanders?
« Réponse #1 le: 08 janvier 2010, 05:29:44 am »
Not everything is implemented yet.  For example, JMM has mentioned a division level AI that still needs to be written.  You can give orders to a division currently, by clicking on one regiment in the division, then clicking on the regimental commander's name in the menu.  We've seen mixed success with this.

The manual talks about taking direct command of a corps.  I haven't figured out how to do this yet. 

Hook

Hors ligne Regiment 0

• Lieutenant
Re : Re : Moving Corps Commanders?
« Réponse #2 le: 08 janvier 2010, 06:00:11 am »
The manual talks about taking direct command of a corps.  I haven't figured out how to do this yet.

I have had another look at this (section 4.5 of book 1) and I think there is a bit of confusion here. One way to think of this is to consider who issues the orders and who carries them out.

I think that being a corps commander involves simply commanding regiments to detach and perform orders. The following orders can be issued by the player as the corps commander: Move, Reconnaissance, Attack, Bombard, Support. In this context, the corps commander issues the orders and the colonel carries them out.

This differs from regimental level orders (issued by the colonel) which as far as the player is concerned mainly involves deciding formation: Column of sections, squads or divisions, and Line for infantry (other formations for cavalry). The manual also says the the colonel can halt and resume the regiments movement as well as detach skirmishers, but can the player do that personally? In this context, the colonel issues the orders and the battalion commanders carry them out.

EDIT: Sort of similar to the questions asked above, does a detached regiment suffer any morale penalties for being detached? Essentially, is saying a regiment is detached just a way of saying that the player has direct control over it and it is no longer controlled by Regimental AI; or does a detached regiment actually see itself as removed from the corps command structure and support and therefore suffer possible morale penalties?
« Modifié: 08 janvier 2010, 06:34:54 am par Regiment 0 »

Hors ligne lodi57

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #3 le: 08 janvier 2010, 10:55:13 am »
The manual talks about taking direct command of a corps.  I haven't figured out how to do this yet. 

I think you mean in solo player. This is possible only if you chose to play Ai vs Ai so you can chose one corp to play with all game long (you cannot decide to command another corp during the game). And, of course, the plan is made by AI.
“Jamais d’aultres armes nous prendront, que celles que nous élisons ; et nous disons pour réconfort, nous voulons la liberté ou la mort !”

Hors ligne lodi57

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #4 le: 08 janvier 2010, 10:57:20 am »
For example, JMM has mentioned a division level AI that still needs to be written. 

And may be a brigade AI too.
“Jamais d’aultres armes nous prendront, que celles que nous élisons ; et nous disons pour réconfort, nous voulons la liberté ou la mort !”