Auteur Sujet: Modding  (Lu 10199 fois)

Hors ligne Gunfreak

• Capitaine
Modding
« le: 12 novembre 2009, 21:18:09 pm »
We kinda talked about it in the doctrine editor thread.

But just what parts can be modden, and will there be mod tools?

Montecuccoli talked about 7yw or WSS mods, other then new uniforms, might it be that most can be modden thought the doctrine editor?

WSS has very liniear warfare, and cannons were mostly stationary, 7yw has slightly more manouvereble arteillery but not on the same level as Napoleonic period.

but one period I would love is American revolutinary war.
It would be hard to mod tho, atleast to make fun, at 1:10 scale most battles will have less then 1000 models, not very fun to watch,
But if you could edit the doctrine so it became liniear, remove some of the effect of cavalry, and make it 1:1 scale or 1:2 scale it think it would be realy cool, and very diffrent from the original game.

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
Re : Modding
« Réponse #1 le: 12 novembre 2009, 23:09:14 pm »
I propose we talk about the mods after releasing... mods need the game  ;)

JMM

Hors ligne dmcheatw

• Sergent
« Réponse #2 le: 12 novembre 2009, 23:25:25 pm »
what is WSS?  sorry for ignorance

Hors ligne HarryInk

• Grognard de la Vieille Garde
  • Major
« Réponse #3 le: 12 novembre 2009, 23:30:18 pm »
War of Spanish Succession.

It's at the end of the 1600s into the first decade of the 1700s.   Quite a long series of campaigns across europe over about 15 years.  It's the napoleonic wars without Napoleon or the Revolution and with 100 years removed. ;P  An era likely to get more wargaming attention now that LG will be available.
"But I vil not divulge any furzer informazion!"

Hors ligne HarryInk

• Grognard de la Vieille Garde
  • Major
« Réponse #4 le: 12 novembre 2009, 23:44:31 pm »
With regard to modding.  I reckon a map with the locations names redrawn in fonts copied from period maps would look cool.  Perhaps even the 2D reference map presented in a period fashion (period symbols) would appeal too?
"But I vil not divulge any furzer informazion!"

Hors ligne Duke of Earl

• Duc d’Earl
  • Général de Brigade
  • Duc d'Friedland
« Réponse #5 le: 13 novembre 2009, 00:35:08 am »
Bonsoir Messieurs,

Methinks the modders grow a little hungry for their supper .... no?   :lol:

Cordialement, DoE

Hors ligne Montecuccoli

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateur
  • Colonel
« Réponse #6 le: 13 novembre 2009, 08:20:35 am »
Modding for those period i believe is possible, regarding graphics i am not an expert but i think just modding a tricorn and a longer shirt for infantry will do the thing.

The main feature that can help modding for XVIII century warfare is the doctrine editor where the modder can make only lines and firefights more than infantry charges, and cavalry not so prone to charge at close quarter the enemy infantry.

Just feelings but that editor is soooo powerful  :D
Histwar beta tester

Hors ligne Bruguière

• Officier HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Chef d'Etat-Major
  • Fais ton Devoir
« Réponse #7 le: 13 novembre 2009, 08:24:27 am »
First the game and then...... ;)

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #8 le: 13 novembre 2009, 17:13:47 pm »
I kinda think this is going to be so good why "mod" it ?.

OK, I accept a mod for different time periods might be a good idea, for those who are interested, but I see no need to mod the best Napoleonic game we have ever seen......the very last thing we want is different versions of LG kicking around - making MP play harder to achieve.

Mods for SP, fine, no problem, mod it as much as people want, but MP has to be kept common to all LG owners - that are interested in MP and PBEM.

Hors ligne Gambrinus Glubbe

• Caporal
Re : Re : Modding
« Réponse #9 le: 14 novembre 2009, 01:43:29 am »
Modding for those period i believe is possible, regarding graphics i am not an expert but i think just modding a tricorne and a longer shirt for infantry will do the thing.  The main feature that can help modding for XVIII century warfare is the doctrine editor where the modder can make only lines and firefights more than infantry charges, and cavalry not so prone to charge at close quarter the enemy infantry.

Can HWLG cavalry use their carbines (or pistols)?   The pistol was the preferred cavalry weapon of the WSS period, except among the British (Marlborough would only permit his troopers to carry three rounds on their person in battle), the Swedes, and to a lesser extent, the Dutch.

Could pikes be added via the unit editor?  These were no longer used in the WSS except in very small numbers, although the Russians still used them a lot when they fought the Turks. 

But despite my strange fascination with 17th Century warfare, I will be happy with a good Napoleonic game.

Hors ligne Montecuccoli

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateur
  • Colonel
« Réponse #10 le: 14 novembre 2009, 08:57:59 am »
I was thinking most on Silesian War and 7Years War better than Great Northern War for in that wars pikes were not used, i do not know if pikes can be implemented... modders will se  :)

For shooting cavalry i believe this can be portraied not with a fire exchange but as an effect of shock of some cavalry compared to some other... so swedish like cavalry will charge close quarter.. however (considering what i read about those periods) the shooting cavalry was most used on the end of 1600 and beginning of 1700, but in battle like Fontenoy or Rossbach or Mollwitz the cavalry had an impact similar to the napoleonic one.

Obviously first of all the game needs to be out and then modders can study it... but a good modders community and the availability to mod a game is an important feature, and HWLG has many ways to be edited or even modded  :D
Histwar beta tester

Hors ligne Cavalier

• Capitaine
« Réponse #11 le: 16 novembre 2009, 08:17:51 am »
I would dearly love a 16th century mod for things like the 30 year war and English civil war. It is one of my favourite periods of warfare but is rarely ever touched by anyone making games.

Hors ligne Uxbridge

• Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #12 le: 16 novembre 2009, 18:55:49 pm »
Let me endorse Gambrinus and Cavalier. I am also extremely keen on the English Civil War (and have been developing a purely strategic level simulation of it for some years). Putting in pikes with appropriate doctrines (plus the obvious changes to the effectiveness of muskets, cavalry doctrines and a downgrading of artillery) and there is the core to cover a fascinating period of European history.  Hopefully, once we have all had a really good go at playing LG, we can see what else the game engine can achieve.
Has anyone seen my leg?

Hors ligne Gambrinus Glubbe

• Caporal
Re : Re : Modding
« Réponse #13 le: 17 novembre 2009, 03:13:28 am »
I was thinking most on Silesian War and 7Years War better than Great Northern War

Are you totally disatisfied with the Matrix 7YW game?  I know about the PBEM issue with leader activation.  I bought it but will have to upgrade to WinXP before I can try it.   

Their forum is pretty dead, the HPS Renaissance forum on Gamersquad also. 

Hors ligne anvil

• Adjudant
« Réponse #14 le: 19 novembre 2009, 02:40:58 am »
hehe,, looking forward to SYW mods!!  and earlier,,, GNW would be very cool too!!  to be able to use this game format for the whole era of blackpowder may be possible,, but like JMM says,, no game,, no mods,, so patience is still the "game of the moment"  :mrgreen:

anvil