Auteur Sujet: Scourge of War Waterloo  (Lu 4381 fois)

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
Scourge of War Waterloo
« le: 04 décembre 2019, 19:03:09 pm »
At the risk of sounding traitorous, are any of you old Grognards up for Scourge of War Waterloo online battles. I don't particularly like the clubs and prefer one on one or small groups similar to the old Histwar playing days. My time zone is GMT - 8hrs the Pacific NW but my job has me available to battle at all hours so time zone isn't really a factor

Hors ligne sandman

• Chef de Bataillon
Re : Scourge of War Waterloo
« Réponse #1 le: 05 décembre 2019, 15:36:05 pm »
At the risk of sounding traitorous, are any of you old Grognards up for Scourge of War Waterloo online battles. I don't particularly like the clubs and prefer one on one or small groups similar to the old Histwar playing days. My time zone is GMT - 8hrs the Pacific NW but my job has me available to battle at all hours so time zone isn't really a factor

AJ, the invitation is still valid.
Mitra, the AI designer of SoW - Waterloo, is part of our group and he wrote an app to be able to play campaigns basing on the outcome of previous battles. We probably will soon start a campaign and every player can be in charge of his dedicated division.
Until then I am also ready to play some 1 vs 1 battles indeed.
Only requirement is to use our mod, which is designed to provide authenticity and emersion. For the settings in 1 vs 1 battles I am rather felxible, but still prefer HITS mode. For the MP in our group, HITS is the only mode to be performed.
If you still have reservation about that, you should consider that most of us were concerned at the beginning, but finally do not want to play anything else after getting familiar with it.

The same I adress to all other grognards waiting out there.
A great alternative and also battle hardened gaming structures are ready to bring napolenonic battle simulation experience into your life - now!
Its no betrayel to hiswar, though.
During the holiday-weeks Scourge of War - Waterloo is discounted, at least in the original web-shop.
Feel free to give me a PM if you dont want to miss the experience or try our community, at least while waiting for HW.
« Modifié: 05 décembre 2019, 15:43:49 pm par sandman »

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
Re : Scourge of War Waterloo
« Réponse #2 le: 06 décembre 2019, 21:20:24 pm »
Thanks again for the offer to join the group. I must be the odd one out but I don't enjoy the HITS mode so I won't be joining the group but thankyou.
However I would be interested in either Corps vs Corps or Div vs Div or Scenarios, played with standard settings On the Vanilla game with Grog toolbar, if your up for it. I would need guiding through the MP setup. Let me know

Hors ligne sandman

• Chef de Bataillon
Re : Re : Scourge of War Waterloo
« Réponse #3 le: 07 décembre 2019, 12:13:01 pm »
Thanks again for the offer to join the group. I must be the odd one out but I don't enjoy the HITS mode so I won't be joining the group but thankyou.
However I would be interested in either Corps vs Corps or Div vs Div or Scenarios, played with standard settings On the Vanilla game with Grog toolbar, if your up for it. I would need guiding through the MP setup. Let me know

As I said, there is flexibility regarding playing HITS all the time.
What you mean about standard settings? What does it mean in terms of FoW and display of unit positions on the 2D map?

Questions:

Do you have any information about the DoW mod Vers. 8?

Did you make sufficiant gameplay experience with the DoW mod Vers. 8 or any at all?