Auteur Sujet: FOW in 3D  (Lu 10053 fois)

Hors ligne mitra

• Major
FOW in 3D
« le: 11 octobre 2011, 21:29:11 pm »
I played most of time at grognards level, leaving only sometime the 3D full view. Usually I use the 2D map for verify the information of about the enemy position sent by dispatchs and recon, and I use isometric map for see what in reality my general see in this moment. From what I see the 3D map follow the 2D map information displaying the enemy\friendly units last know position.  I thinking perhaps it is better it follows the isometric map logic, displaying in 3d only the "in view" units. In 3D the fact a unit is really seen or not is not immediate like in 2d map, the coup d'oeil is more important, and is not always immediate to go to see if the position is the last know or the actual.  This creates also strange effects, like unit stopped during fighting or actions happened minutes ago. I think display in FOW  in 3D only the actual sight will be better and will create a more clear battlefield playing at grognards level. What you think about this?
Visit my wargames blog: http://warforgame.blogspot.it

Hors ligne Alfiere

• Général de Brigade
Re : FOW in 3D
« Réponse #1 le: 12 octobre 2011, 10:24:25 am »
Very difficult to play with FOW at grognard level.
It would perhaps be more clearly did not see the units in the last position of sighting in 2D, would combat unitless, but for me the most conceptually correct and more simple to understand.
If Cic cannot see,must moves to investigate and cannot remember for every unit the last sight.
Increase my confusion of the battle to decide something.
Anyway a very great work at very high level to write the code for grognard options.
Only a remember of playing with FOW at grognard level many times ago.
In 3D i have no experience on what is seen and not seen.
« Modifié: 12 octobre 2011, 11:24:06 am par Alfiere »
Danube camp - 3rd Coaltion camp

Hors ligne mitra

• Major
Re : Re : FOW in 3D
« Réponse #2 le: 12 octobre 2011, 11:47:33 am »
Very difficult to play with FOW at grognard level.
It would perhaps be more clearly did not see the units in the last position of sighting in 2D, would combat unitless, but for me the most conceptually correct and more simple to understand.
If Cic cannot see,must moves to investigate and cannot remember for every unit the last sight.
Increase my confusion of the battle to decide something.
Anyway a very great work at very high level to write the code for grognard options.
Only a remember of playing with FOW at grognard level many times ago.
In 3D i have no experience on what is seen and not seen.

At 2d level is ok have the last position known because is clear  the difference between in view or ? units; but at 3d level if you play with full view I think will be better to limit the units truly in view like in f4 map

Hors ligne Alfiere

• Général de Brigade
« Réponse #3 le: 12 octobre 2011, 17:42:20 pm »
Little example.

Cic can see very few only some units near him on the hill.
Scout cav now prisoners had spotted some enemy and fight with someone,we can see at starting place .
Was not better see nothing only lighting of fight without see any units ,and  see only visible units in real place ?
For me more clear also if always difficult,only my opinion .
« Modifié: 12 octobre 2011, 17:45:33 pm par Alfiere »

Hors ligne Alfiere

• Général de Brigade
« Réponse #4 le: 12 octobre 2011, 18:35:51 pm »
My opinion is wrong.
In a similar situation,how i can give orders to corps,if i do not see nothing ?
« Modifié: 12 octobre 2011, 18:37:38 pm par Alfiere »

Hors ligne mitra

• Major
Re : Re : FOW in 3D
« Réponse #5 le: 12 octobre 2011, 18:40:34 pm »
My opinion is wrong.
In a similar situation,how i can give orders to corps,if i do not see nothing ?

If you press F2 two time you see only the really see units in similar way of F4, is in F3 map where is not possible, but I think in 3D is better only have the real view for use it at better.

Hors ligne Alfiere

• Général de Brigade
« Réponse #6 le: 12 octobre 2011, 18:43:30 pm »
Thank,now try.

Hors ligne Alfiere

• Général de Brigade
« Réponse #7 le: 12 octobre 2011, 18:47:21 pm »
Yes is true.
How many things i do not know in this nice game.

Hors ligne mitra

• Major
« Réponse #8 le: 17 octobre 2011, 23:17:40 pm »
Another thing important  I think for multiplayer is, in battles with limited view to commander, the view is limited also to corps commanders selected by the player not only to CiC.

Hors ligne mitra

• Major
« Réponse #9 le: 21 octobre 2011, 20:11:15 pm »
Another possible implementation is a superior level of FOW over grognards; in this case the last know position of enemy units is not displayed on the 2d map, only the last known of friendly units, leaving ony the dispatchs or to movement of CiC over the field as source of information for about the enemy. This will help to valorize the 3d map respect the 2d as "desktop" of work for the commander.

Hors ligne Franciscus

• Colonel
« Réponse #10 le: 21 octobre 2011, 20:27:39 pm »
I played most of time at grognards level, leaving only sometime the 3D full view. Usually I use the 2D map for verify the information of about the enemy position sent by dispatchs and recon, and I use isometric map for see what in reality my general see in this moment. From what I see the 3D map follow the 2D map information displaying the enemy\friendly units last know position.  I thinking perhaps it is better it follows the isometric map logic, displaying in 3d only the "in view" units. In 3D the fact a unit is really seen or not is not immediate like in 2d map, the coup d'oeil is more important, and is not always immediate to go to see if the position is the last know or the actual.  This creates also strange effects, like unit stopped during fighting or actions happened minutes ago. I think display in FOW  in 3D only the actual sight will be better and will create a more clear battlefield playing at grognards level. What you think about this?

Having tried a few times grognard level, I agree 100% with you