Auteur Sujet: OOBs with Brigades instead of Regiments  (Lu 2736 fois)

Hors ligne Marquês de Alorna

• Chef de Bataillon
OOBs with Brigades instead of Regiments
« le: 24 juin 2010, 03:39:05 am »
Dear all,

I've noticed that some OOBs have Brigades as elementary units instead of Regiments, or represent a mix of more than one Regiment (e.g. "2eme et 3eme Cuirassiers"). Initially I though that these Brigades were built by selecting one Regiment and then changing the name. But then I've noticed that when e.g. "2eme et 3eme Cuirassiers" is already in the OOB, when we create a new unit, the "2eme Regiment de Cuirassiers" and the "3eme Regiment de Cuirassiers" are both still there. This means that the unit "2eme et 3eme Cuirassiers" was not built based on either of those.
As such, could someone please enlighten me on how to build OOBs with elementary units other than Regiments (e.g. Brigades)?

Regards,
António

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
Re : OOBs with Brigades instead of Regiments
« Réponse #1 le: 24 juin 2010, 12:31:22 pm »
In a previous alpha version, it's possible to build an OoB with regiment (like today) or brigade.
For this mode, the uniform was choose inside the list of regiments of type (for example, hussar)
However, there was some trouble with this procedure, and it was dropped out.

Maybe, in a future, I can add a new feature to allow to mix 2 regiments within a Brigade.
This needs to modify the editor.. and it's not the present priority!

JMM

Hors ligne Marquês de Alorna

• Chef de Bataillon
Re : OOBs with Brigades instead of Regiments
« Réponse #2 le: 24 juin 2010, 13:24:36 pm »
No offense, but the alpha scheme seems to have been more flexible... In fact, Brigades were aggregates of Battalions, which could be parts of regiments. Battalions from the same Regiment could be assigned to different Brigades.

Like Cato in Ancient Rome, I will repeat my long-term suggestion =)
It is better to open the Regiment list by placing its data in a standard Database format. For example the Harpoon wargame lets you add/remove/edit any platform, selecting possible payloads etc. using MS Access.
For HW-LG, a similar thing could be accomplished. There should be:
- Regiment Database (each regiment with a unique key, text comments, combat characteristics, allowed formations, pointers to graphics files)
- Officer Database (each commander with a unique key, text comments, characteristics, pointers to graphics files)

- OOB files created by the OOB editor: This would allow free definition of Corps, Divisions, Brigades, using Regiment and Commander keys to link with battalion characteristics and uniforms (names should be allowed to change) in the DB files.

António